Billy Billy Billy

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Re: Billy Billy Billy

Post by Viking45 »

tequiza wrote:lost everything in a tragic boating accident years ago,
Lost a bunch of ammo in a tragic boat accident. I'm afraid to ask,not sure I want to know :lol:

Thanks for the link Pete. My box of 50 says:
Assembled in USA
Fiocchi Of America INC
6930 N. Fremont Rd. Ozark Missouri.

Assembled? Maybe the brass is made in Italy? I have some older ammo from Fiocchi that is made in Italy but I guess the newer stuff is made right here.
Ozark is just 10 miles from me.
This was one of my favorite swimmin' holes in the late 70's early 80's, maybe two minutes or less from downtown Ozark. I used to do back flips off the top of the bridge. Amazing I am still upright 8)
The house to the right was not there back then.
ML-WR-0090.jpg
ML-WR-0090.jpg (76.57 KiB) Viewed 3400 times
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Fiocchi is great ammo, I shot quite a bit of it out of my Ruger GP100 .357 Mag before I sold it, never had a problem with it, went boom every time, used to buy it at this place.
https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=lucky+gunner+ammo
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Good to know Pete. My Gilil (Golani Sporter) can fire both NATO and reg 223 which is nice because I can find surplus at gun shows,sometimes in mix bags.
Bought a huge heavy plastic bag many years ago with 500 all mixed dirt cheap and every one fired. I was a little concerned but the ole boy running the table said he guaranteed them and that was good enough for me. 90% surplus.

Just now starting to see some cool accessories for the Galil. I'm not much for all the bells and whistles but I like some of the after market grips.
The Galil action is kind of a bastard,it has aspects of both the AK and AR,the only thing I would change is the bolt does not stay open after the last shot.
I always get confused,is that called a "closed bolt?" I'm some expert :roll:
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Damned if I know Dave, sounds good though, my AK does the same thing, never locks open.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

tequiza wrote:Damned if I know Dave, sounds good though, my AK does the same thing, never locks open.
There is an open bolt and closed bolt design and I can never remember which is which.

Ok here we go- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_bolt
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed_bolt
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Good info Dave, learn something new every day, I believe I like the closed bolt better!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

tequiza wrote:Good info Dave, learn something new every day, I believe I like the closed bolt better!
Pete you got me by a week or two. Did you ever figure out how to win an argument with a woman?
I actually have an extensive point of view and in depth knowledge of the subject. Allow me to share. :lol:

Women.jpg
Women.jpg (37.04 KiB) Viewed 3383 times
Oops sorry,my mistake. Here we go-
ducks.jpg
ducks.jpg (126.93 KiB) Viewed 3381 times

Sorry again,just keep hitting the wrong buttons-
Tree.jpg
Tree.jpg (50.72 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
Ok I got it this time.
doughnut.jpg
doughnut.jpg (7.53 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
Ok,complete misfire. :lol:
BeautifulWomen_1.jpg
BeautifulWomen_1.jpg (51.18 KiB) Viewed 3381 times
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Well, you can always catch another one at the next station, and if that one gives you to much trouble just send her to me and i'll see what I can do to help, probably not much at my age, but i'll do the best that I can, always happy to help out a friend! :wink: