So true!

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Re: So true!

Post by Viking45 »

Back in 1984 two of my buddies and I went up to Kansas City to a concert and looked for a room but that particular weekend there was a plumber convention.
That sounds like a punchline to a bad joke but not the kind where a bunch of fat guys with crack showing but plumbing suppliers etc.

Anyway it's late afternoon and we can't find a room anywhere so we end up at a liquor store deep in the not-so-good part of town. In fact we were lost and ended up in an old neighborhood and here was this little liquor store. We went in picked up some beer and asked the guy about a room and he told us about the convention and said there was a motel just a few blocks away that might have a room.

First thing we see is a big sign that says: Rooms 3 Hours 13.95 so we new we hit the jackpot on this one :lol:
It was all we could find and got some funny looks from the owner with three guys wanting a room together.

We knew we were in the ghetto when the Italian guy that owned the liquor had his five sons all working behind the counter. Two wearing guns and two baseball bats on the shelf so my guess is number five had a 12 gauge somewhere handy.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Viking,

Speaking of Kansas City, those Royals are the only guys who have given my team a rough time in the world series lately. It was close.

giants.jpg
giants.jpg (126.51 KiB) Viewed 1737 times
Now there's a Southern country-boy who can play hard ball!

Wonder if Mr. Natcherly made it to the parade?

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Bonzo wrote:Wonder if Mr. Natcherly made it to the parade?
Nope. Tried to get to work in the East Bay, but Market St was closed down three hours before the parade. I couldn't get across it to the on ramp for the Bay Bridge. After fighting the resulting traffic jam for 45 minutes, I just went home. Watched the parade on TV.

Market St was 12 deep, there must have been over a three quarters of a million people lining the parade route and packing Civic Center. What with the rain and crowds and traffic, good day to stay home - nice and dry. What's more, I got to see many of our heroes freshly shaved and trimmed (some were hard to recognize in this condition) plus heard a bunch of interviews that were quite good.

The clean up crew had their work cut out what with the tons of wet confetti. I wouldn't have wanted to be one of the guys who had to remove that stuff from the over head street car and electric trolly bus wires.

Go Giants!