Resizing Avatars

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wheelman51

Resizing Avatars

Post by Wheelman51 »

I hope this isn't off-topic but I having trouble resizing of Pictures for my avatar. Does anyone have any suggestions?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Resizing Avatars

Post by natcherly »

Use a simple picture editor, like Microsoft Picture Manager. Most have facility to reduce the picture size which would also reduce the file size.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Paint Shop Pro - should be free - the one I use is years out of date, but it does this well - also cropping, adding text, etc.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Easier yet go to http://www.picresize.com/ if your picture is too large for the forum.
Effortless to use and then post your pic on the forum's own photo upload program.

When on your post page (TalkBlade) scroll down a tiny bit,you will see "Upload Attachment" click that and then you see a box with "Browse" click that and choose your photo.
I usually change the file name (picture name) to one that is easier to find. Files are stored in alphabetical/numerical order so I add a zero to the front so it's right there when I look for it.

I am not at all tech-minded but taught myself some quick and easy tricks.
It may not be important but pics uploaded directly to the forum from your computer are permanent and those from outside programs are usually lost after a while.