Self Control

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Self Control

Post by Viking45 »

Been seeing some idiotic behavior by gun owners lately.
I love guns as much as anyone but something has happened to common sense with some of these knuckleheads that are flaunting their rights to carry arms.
Walking around the isles of stores like Target(where lots of moms and children frequent) and you know this scares the heck out of people.
Some following people around taunting them,calling them libs and other names.
This is fuel for the "antis" and will eventually backfire and cause problems for all gun owners.

Why anyone in their right mind would behave like this is beyond me.
ILikeStilettos

Re: Self Control

Post by ILikeStilettos »

The state of Oklahoma has legalized concealed carry (the 'self defense act') and has within the last year added open carry. The training is the same, the background checks are the same, the open license is a bit less expensive. If you are licensed for concealed, then you are automatically licensed for open, but not vice versa. There is a 'make my day' law which presumes that someone who enters your home with force is there to harm you and deadly force is an appropriate and legal response. However, you can not willingly move into danger, nor are you permitted to "stand your ground", or to use deadly force to protect material property or to intervene into situations where you are not first in jeopardy yourself.

That being said, a great number of businesses post "no weapons" warnings showing handguns and knives, a few reasonable ones say "no open carry". I'm not here to argue the morality or correctness of either the 'pro' or 'anti' position. I will say that here in the heart of the Bible belt the feelings are strongly pro or con, there are very few neutral or moderate folks. Many of these businesses either do not realize or choose to ignore the provision of the law that says they can legally keep the guns out, but then they assume full civil liability for any injury to or death of all persons on their premises should someone start shooting. Most of the CCW people I have spoken to believe that the gun is little advantage unless it is carried concealed. One person in my family has a job which requires him to be nicely dressed and wear his hair short. He sometimes carries openly because he thinks it's cool that fast food places mistake him for a LEO and give him a discount. I think he's an idiot.

I couldn't agree more, Dave. Carrying your MSR through Target to assert your 'rights' under the second amendment is right up there with having a supremacist tattoo on your forehead, demonstrating your views on same sex marriage at a funeral or any other deliberate act. Rather than helping your preferred cause, you simply draw attention to the negative aspects and justify your opponents to react to an issue they might have otherwise ignored.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should :!:

Dave is right, these a$$ holes are just making fuel for the anti's, it does nothing to help our cause,i'm sure some of these are legit gun owners, but i'll bet some are also bloomburgers plants :idea:

http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/sho ... 074&page=5
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

The same idiocy occurred here in California. People (sheeple?) were freaked. That was all that was needed to pass more carry restrictions.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"gun free zones" and "no weapons allowed" signs, are the products of idiots, amd cause more deaths than they prevent :!:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

tequiza wrote:i'll bet some are also bloomburgers plants :idea:
Pete I wanted to say the same thing but didn't want to sound like a conspiracy crack-pot but the way some of these guys were acting was so far away from what any true-blue would do.
If these guys honestly feel this is helping the cause then I feel they don't deserve gun rights and I certainly wouldn't want an a-hole like that on my team when the sh*t hits the fan.
I'd be afraid a guy like that would get power hungry and go all Rambo in a bad situation. Clearly they are 11up and 3 down.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Viking45 wrote:
tequiza wrote:i'll bet some are also bloomburgers plants :idea:
Pete I wanted to say the same thing but didn't want to sound like a conspiracy crack-pot but the way some of these guys were acting was so far away from what any true-blue would do.
If these guys honestly feel this is helping the cause then I feel they don't deserve gun rights and I certainly wouldn't want an a-hole like that on my team when the sh*t hits the fan.
I'd be afraid a guy like that would get power hungry and go all Rambo in a bad situation. Clearly they are 11up and 3 down.
Dave,
In Ga open carry and CC are both legal if you have a GWL, you can also carry in your car without a GWL, most people who open carry don't have a lot of problems, but the group, moms demand action,( part of bloomyboys group ) will call the law if they see someone OC'ing just to hassle them, a MWAG call has to answered by an LEO but most of them know the law by now and just ride by and keep on going.

Texas law says you have to CC a handgun, but can open carry a rifle and that's what this BS is all about, trying to change the handgun law, but their only hurting themselves and making law abiding people look bad, they need to fight it through the legislature and get the law changed :idea:

As far as bloomburg goes, I wouldn't put it past him to put his people out there doing this sort of thing, just like he sent people to Ga a few years ago to try and make straw purchases, the guy is a real control freak :!: :twisted:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Pete- Bloomberg is only about 5'8"/9" he's a little guy and he's 72 but I can honestly say I could punch him and Reid both right square in that hole under their nose.
As far as that goes go ahead and add Holder,Biden and Kerry. Oh what I wouldn't give for five minutes,bare knuckles/anything goes with Kerry. Shame too,his daughter is kind of hot.
This is not a photoshopped picture,she attended some Hollywood event or some non-political event wearing this see-through dress. :shock:
alexandra_kerry_2004_05_18.jpg
alexandra_kerry_2004_05_18.jpg (52.94 KiB) Viewed 5101 times
Ole Kerry is 6'4" he's got me by two inches so I wouldn't feel too bad about working on that chin of his for a bit.

Back to the subject,I have always bragged about certain states but after a little research I found Texas of all states have had a lot of dems in office.
But the deal is this- Once upon a time when this was a great country Democrats and Republicans sat down over a steak dinner and discussed politics,drank a little,cussed a little,yelled a little but when all was said and done they agreed to disagree but some kind of "middle" was met and both parties moved on.
Note for the children: Kids,one time long ago there was this creature called a "Conservative Democrat" and these were quite tolerable and even likable when fed the right amount of bullsh*t because the truth made them hostile and bitter.
In today's world when fed the truth they lash out by freeing child murders and women killers.

I overlooked one small detail. o-Boy is not a Liberal. He is a direct enemy of the United States of America and is a "provider" and "care giver" to the three biggies: Muslim Brotherhood,Taliban and Al-Qaeda.
Just one more thing,this move does not just jeopardize the USA only,it put puts most of the free world in danger. These people can give orders,make arrangements and create complete chaos from a lavish motel room and probably,knowing their evil ways have a few underage virgins sent in in the case Allah does not smile upon them.
Strange how these demons find fault with the American way,yet find a legit reason to violate a child.

Way to go Obamy,you just set the earth on fire you filthy F*$@(&$%^ing Bast)$&^
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Open carry isn't really the best of ideas, there is no real benefit to advertising the fact that your armed to others. Might as well conceal unless for some reason that is impossible (like a rifle).

As far as people going into Target, Starbucks, etc...
Carrying a pistol on your side as a political statement is fine, strapping your biggest most intimidating rifle, outfitted with every over the top accessory you can think of, into a place where it serves absolutely no purpose is not only stupid but puts gun owners in a bad light.

People like this do the job of anti-gunners for them, they play right into the negative stereotypes and do a lot more harm than good.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

I NOTICE YER TALKIN BOUT FIREARMS AND OPEN CARRY......

WELL I CAN SEE KERRY'S DAWTER PACKS A COUPLE OF 38'S !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

TRYKER wrote:WELL I CAN SEE KERRY'S DAWTER PACKS A COUPLE OF 38'S !!!
She must not be licensed for "Conceal" carry. 8)
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

I'd have been happy if she left her sling shot at home as well.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

ILikeStilettos wrote:I'd have been happy if she left her sling shot at home as well.
That may have shown her George Bush.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Viking45 wrote:
ILikeStilettos wrote:I'd have been happy if she left her sling shot at home as well.
Nah, she's a modern girl and it probably is more Vin Diesel.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

ILikeStilettos wrote:
Viking45 wrote:
Nah, she's a modern girl and it probably is more Vin Diesel.
Let's hope so. Libs like things to go smooth.