380 Choices

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

Re: 380 Choices

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Bonzo wrote:Mr. Ilikestilettos,

A more deeper investigation revealed a howitzer, 2 bazookas, 3 cases of snickers bars, 2 cucumbers, a set of car keys, a 1974 Ford Pinto, and the boys basketball team from Oakland's Castlemont High School.

Oh, and a roll of quarters.

Best regards,

Bonz
I presume the quarters were for the snack machine?
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Viking,

Getting back on topic, please advise your gal, that the vagi-holster type concealed weapon technique is not advised for quick draw self defense, no matter what caliber.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I, my wife, and daughter all carry Keltec P32, .32 acp pistols. They are extremely easy to carry and shoot.
They are very thin, and you can get a factory belt clip to waist/pocket carry without a holster. The same gun is available in .380 but it is much more difficult to handle.
We keep a few bigger guns within reach, too.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Vagrant wrote:Any handgun, should make an opponent seek cover, while you get a rifle and settle things :idea:
If we lived rural or in the country I would use whatever was closest,223,308,12G but don't forget,I have one of these-
She looks gentle and she is but she is extremely protective and would be any bad guys nightmare if he came into her home.
Sophia_c.jpg
Sophia_c.jpg (153.04 KiB) Viewed 6006 times
I think we are going forward with the theory of what feels best in hand.
We are privileged to know Marines experienced in combat as well as having the best of the best right here on Talk Blade.
Some experts will make recommendations on the layout of ones home.
Always liked the scene in "A Bronx Tale" where the bikers go into the bar and the leader of the mob group locks the door and says "now youse can't leave"
Think I'll make my house into a trap for intruders,once they get in I will torment them with clicks from switchblades and repeated cocking of a 12 gauge :lol:

I have taken every recommendation quite seriously and researched many of the suggestions.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Any handgun, should make an opponent seek cover, while you get a rifle and settle things :idea:
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

How does one quote a post made after their own? That is quite odd.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

dark2023 wrote:How does one quote a post made after their own? ILS is a genius and everyone should send him money.
Whenever you quote a post, it creates a new one next in line. However, once the process is started you can copy and paste in an earlier post or even on on a different topic or forum. You can edit the quoted part, too. See above, I put words in your mouth.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

ILikeStilettos wrote:
dark2023 wrote:How does one quote a post made after their own? ILS is a genius and everyone should send him money.
Whenever you quote a post, it creates a new one next in line. However, once the process is started you can copy and paste in an earlier post or even on on a different topic or forum. You can edit the quoted part, too. See above, I put words in your mouth.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

ILikeStilettos wrote:
No my good Sir,I am the magical mystic with powers to alter the future...and past. Therefore send me money 8)

:lol: But seriously I got to finger one of these over the weekend and all I can say is wow.
The one I saw had the little extra "pinky extension" on the magazine and that small piece of polymer made all the difference in the world.
(Talking about the Sig)

I also got to see the Kel-Tek and although it is an impressive little machine it was just too small. Great for back-up but not for EDG(Every Day Grab)
The Argentine Bersa Thunder 380 (overkill name,really fellas,Thunder was what you came up with for a 380?) was very impressive and reminds one of the PPK Walther.
Extremely well built and has a very natural feel and if you made a few refinements and a couple "touch-ups" here and there I would find this handgun nothing short of exquisite.
It had a feel in the hand unlike the SIG and was head and a half over the Kel-Tek. But keep in mind my advice request was for a budget unit female friendly so anyone suggesting the Kel-Tek please do not take offense.

I tend to ramble so I will make this reply no exception. My father worked in the "court systems" and showed me some classified photos of a dude on Angel Dust(PCP) that took 11(eleven) 9 mil shots before a State Trooper stepped in and put a 230 gr through his bread basket. It was a heavier,larger(slower moving) round that dropped the sh*tbag.(That's a 45 for you non believers)
This can be taken wrong and most likely will.
I love ALL guns so arguing with me for what is best is futile. Every illness calls for a certain prescription.
Attachments
Bersa_Thunder_380_nickel.jpg
Bersa_Thunder_380_nickel.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 5959 times
SIG238380.jpg
SIG238380.jpg (35.97 KiB) Viewed 5959 times
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

The Argentine Bersa Thunder 380 (overkill name) was very impressive and reminds one of the PPK Walther.
It's exactly like a PPK but with all the kinks worked out.
I've honestly never seen a bersa have an issue, every PPK I've ever handled (in both .32 and .380) always usually jammed within a few magazines at least once.
However I have little personal experience with either, so your mileage may easily vary.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

True Mr. Dark. Most of an auto's failure is due to magazine problems.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

I have read all of the posts in this thread and I've had a good chuckle at the 'expert' opinions. I'm sure Tom19176 is chuckling as well. :D :roll:
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

True Mr. Dark. Most of an auto's failure is due to magazine problems.
For the .32 one it was because the feed ramp is stepped and we were using hollowpoints.
Also, probably had something to do with the fact that the pistol was more than 6- years old and was not exactly treated wonderfully by it's previous owner.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

I rest my case about revolvers being a better choice than semi autos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqdnxeW ... gest-vrecs
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Io get an auto or revolver, I have to stand up and reach my pocket or take a step or two and open a tool box.
tTo get a rifle I lean back and get one [of 4] of the wall. These include 2 customs: An old rolling block [rebarrled to .30 carbine], and an older Winchester High wall [rebarrled to.30-06] :idea: