Can anyone help?

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bigcatkevin

Can anyone help?

Post by Bigcatkevin »

I went through some more of my knives and picked out some older ones and was hopeing to get some info on them.

The black one is stamped Kutmaster Utica N.Y. U.S.A
The smaller pale one is stamped Hit U.S.A
The yellow one says Imperials Prov. R.I.A
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (44.15 KiB) Viewed 3129 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (34.32 KiB) Viewed 3129 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (31.99 KiB) Viewed 3129 times
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Re: Can anyone help?

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Big Cat,

Cheap, but nostalgic American. However, I see a blonde horn picklock there. Whats the tang stamp on that puppy say?

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Bigcatkevin

Post by Bigcatkevin »

Thats what i thought about those i was just wondering I'm new to the knife business so just trying to see what i have it was all given to me from my father. The one your asking about is a Coricama kris definitely the best knife i have lol.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Big Cat,

The fishing knife was a popular tackle box item back in the day. The little one was more of a key chain utility knife. The tri-folder is the best of the 3 and was a good knife, for the bulky tri-fold fans. The Coricama, now that's what this whole site is all about. We love to see more of that stuff. Welcome to the show!

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Bigcatkevin

Post by Bigcatkevin »

Thanks bonzo i hope to get lucky and find more awesome knives and if i do ill be sure to share.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

The Imperial fishing knife is all ya need on a fishing trip. It has a scaler blade with a hook remover on the tip and a beer opener 8)
I think everyone has or had one of these,I know I did. Yellow was the most common but I think they had other colors like fake stag,pick bone,pearloid,red,green,black,brown and a yellow pearloid.

The Utica is a neat old knife,Utica is a very old knife company from NY.
They made Boy and Girl Scout knives as far back as the 20's that are highly collectable today as well as Military fighting knives like the USMC,bayonets and hunting knives.

Amazing,I have the same little Hit USA knife same color,I can't find any info on it.