Catalana question

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Sam Hotton

Catalana question

Post by Sam Hotton »

Mr. Vagrant, I would like to purchase a Catalana, is anyone still producing these?
There is a used one on BA, if they are no longer available now days, is this likely my best option on finding one?
I find it interesting that there is little mention of these in our TalkBlade forum. The Catalana is less spoken about than the Fish style of knives.
Sam
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

Hey Sam-
I think I asked this a while back because I really like the look of the catalana and wondered about their lack of popularity and presence on B/A.
If I remember correctly, they had some quality issues, which made them less than ideal for the money. If ya get one, be sure and let us know what ya think. I think AKC still makes them, but Ill let Mr. Vagrant take his shot at your ?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Sam,

The Catalana was resurrected by AKC about a year before they did the same with the fish style. KS is out but AKC may still have some. If you are lucky, Vagrant may have some. If not, a US representative of AKC should be able to help. PM me if you need details.

Jim
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Like Jim says there out there just got to find one.
PB
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

I did hear somewhere that when they get around to it,the next batch will have thicker backsprings.I have a couple and they are nice but would be far better with a thicker blade and backspring. :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)
A CARROT IS AS CLOSE AS A RABBIT GETS TO A DIAMOND!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I believe that all mine are gone [those that aren't you do not want]. I'll try again on the next ones. .