BSA

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

BSA

Post by JerrBear »

The Boy Scouts of America is considering removing its ban on homosexual membership. So much for the part of the Boy Scout Oath about being "morally straight."

Alas, the foxes will be in charge of the chicken coop...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Re: BSA

Post by tr4252 »

I wonder what kind of new merit badges they'll come up with.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

JerrBear wrote:The Boy Scouts of America is considering removing its ban on homosexual membership. So much for the part of the Boy Scout Oath about being "morally straight."

if their considering homosexual membership maybe they should have the lesbians join the boy scouts and the flamers join the girl scouts.
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

Something tells me the lez merit badges would be worse...
I walked a mile in my enemy's shoes.... And then I stole his shoes.
Krab-E

Post by Krab-E »

tr4252 wrote:I wonder what kind of new merit badges they'll come up with.Tom
- Red Wings &/ Brown Wings? :shock: I dunno iffin your bikers have 'em, ours used to. I certainly don't want want my kid earning brown wings from some pillow biting cub-scout leader :twisted:
Being a born again lesbian, I reckon iffin ya can lick carpet for an hour that should qualify ya for a growlers merit badge! :wink: :lol:
Last edited by Krab-E on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'd rather have a Bottle-in-Front-of-me, than a Frontal-Lobotomy!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

tr4252 wrote:I wonder what kind of new merit badges they'll come up with.

Tom
I just worry they might misunderstand the concept of "rubbing two sticks together" :idea:
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. JerrBeer,

I talked with a big supporter of the Scouts today, and his big concern is gay scout leaders rather than the kids themselves. The explanation I got was the local chapters will still have the right to refuse membership, even though its OK on the national level. If, you can understand that. I think its a bunch of bullshit myself, and I'll bet the scouts are going to lose a lot of support.

heviarti wrote:Something tells me the lez merit badges would be worse...
Mr. HeavyArti,

My I propose the 'Salt-Lick Challange' ?

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

JerrBear wrote:The Boy Scouts of America is considering removing its ban on homosexual membership. So much for the part of the Boy Scout Oath about being "morally straight."

The term morally straight was really never meant to be about sexual orientation....especially back when it was put into it. A lot of people now days just choose to read it that way to try and justify their position.

Also, you suggest that gays allowed into the boy scouts will lead to more children being molested.

Usually, or from what i notice...when someone is outed as having molested little boys, they usually aren't admitted/flambouyant gay men.....its the "straight" acting dads, popes, teachers....that do that kind of thing.

How many "straight" catholic ministers or whatever their title is were found to be gay for little boys? To me i guess you don't have to worry about the gays that acknowledge and are proud of their gayness.

Another thought...i don't know if being gay or straight has anything to do with pedophilia....im sure there are plenty of straight pedo's, gay pedo's...and closeted gay pedo's....orientation probably doesn't increase if the person is sexual attracted to children, in my opinion anyways.
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

I'm sure someone is going to get angry at me for this.... but yeah, all them popes running around loose could be an issue; what with there being so many and all. Zero, cue Palpatine.
ZeroPage

Post by ZeroPage »

You mean this cat?
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."
-Lao Tzu
heviarti

Post by heviarti »

That's the guy.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Chrisadamley wrote: The term morally straight was really never meant to be about sexual orientation....especially back when it was put into it. A lot of people now days just choose to read it that way to try and justify their position.
YOU sexualized "morally straight," not me. The BSA Oath goes back to before "straight" was first used to describe heterosexual individuals.
Also, you suggest that gays allowed into the boy scouts will lead to more children being molested.
YES, I do!
Recently released BSA files show hundreds of examples of little boys being molested by Scout leaders going back decades...
How many "straight" catholic ministers or whatever their title is were found to be gay for little boys?
How many Catholic priests have you heard about that molested little girls?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Recently released BSA files show hundreds of examples of little boys being molested by Scout leaders going back decades...
What does it matter if you say your gay, if you want to molest little boys (as sick as that is) and you'r gay, but gays arnt allowed into the BSA then you'll just pretend to be straight. It's not like being black or having leprosy, you can easily hide if your gay or not.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Jerr how did i sexualize the term morally straight?

Your comment on "so much for the part of the boy scout oath about being "morally straight"....and the fox comment

Clearly is saying that morally straight means straight in the sense of not gay. If you didn't mean it that way i understand, but thats how it reads.

How many of the boys molested where done so by flambouyant gay men? Allowing openly gay men in isn't going to change the rate at which boys are molested. As you say its happened alot and the gays aren't allowed in. They just hide it. And to be clear they are hiding liking little boys, being gay is different then that. Could be both but they should be looked at as two things

I would bet money there are plenty of priests that have molested little girls. just dont hear about it as often.

I will ask again though...do you think being gay really makes a difference if you like children? Its a complete different attraction. You could be attracted to little boys, but NOT be attracted to grown men.

So you could NOT be gay in your head, NOT flambouyant so nobody knows anything. Just a regular dude that is attracted to little boys. Now i will say thats messed up, but thats how it works.

Attraction isn't always so simple. Not all little boy lovers are gay man lovers as well. Just as not all gays are little boy lovers. Do you see what i mean?

There are men that are attracted to little girls that AREN"T attracted to real women.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

In addition to my last post, just was thinking....

Jerr i think the problem is you associate being gay with liking little boys. When the two have nothing to do with each other. Does that make sense?

This is a good analogy....I and i presume you are attracted to women...but we aren't attracted to little girls. The fact that we like women sexually...has nothing to do with whether we like little girls sexually. Right? I would go as far to say i bet there are grown men who are sexually attracted to grown women, AND little boys.

I think that help clear up what i was trying to say :?

Not fighting with you jerr just a discussion.