Atrocity

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Atrocity

Post by Vagrant »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/ ... topic.html
The Sikhs have killed many followers of pigslam [much to the betterment of the planet] :wink:
But, unlike the French,Irish,Italians,Germans,etc,etc, [who have ALL asimilated and learned to dress like, talk like, look like, and become AMERICANS] they insist on "being different", this will attract IDIOTS :(
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Re: Atorcity

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Vagrant,

What gets me, is these people want to escape from the problems that plague their home country, but they insist upon importing their pagan religious lifestyle into western society. Although I detest the act of murder against anyone, I agree that they attract animosity. Here on the sacred slopes, they have taken over most the motels. I found their manners, hygiene, and business practices to be rude, inconsiderant, and greedy at best. They do not contribute to the community, or interact with the locals and rarely hire help outside their families, and when they do, it's so some traveler can see a white face behind the counter instead of a curry soaked smelly towel head. I have yet to see one of them attend any type of sporting event involving their kids, who tend to be good athletes and love to be praised for their efforts. When I was a contractor, I quit returning their calls because I knew I would never get a contract with them no matter how low a price I gave. The community in general has no use for them.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Fishman

Re: Atrocity

Post by Fishman »

So if someone went to the Highland Games and shot everyone wearing a kilt they would have been asking for it? If someone lobs a pipe bomb into the local Oktoberfest it's their fault for attracting animosity? Give me a break dude. The only person to blame is the cowardly, racist asshole who decided a high-note in his pathetic life as a failed skinhead musician would be shooting a bunch of innocent men, women, and children. :roll:

Comparing Sikhs to the Germans, French, Scottish, Irish, etc, is lame. All of those people look like us, share common ancestry with us, common religious traditions, etc. I'm not saying no one ever discriminated against these groups in America, but it was a hell of a lot easier for them to assimilate and go unnoticed. The reason the Sikhs attract animosity is not only because they have different religious practices, but also because they are brown. That will always attract the animosity of a select group of retards, and no amount of assimilation will ever fix that.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." - Twain
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have NO animosity towards anyone [except leftocrats] :idea: I even made a miniture Kirpan for a Sikh I worked with :idea: But I resent the refusal of anyone who makes no attempt to even try and assimilate :idea:
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

never mind- its usually a waste of my time. just another 1 to add to ignore.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Fishman

Post by Fishman »

Fish; 2 weeks and something just isn't sitting right. A few post on knives and mostly politics of the progressive(regressive) sort. Are ya sure you missed the left-turn to huffingblow post? This site seems to get it's share of Veech/beasting crap. Your posts are a bit hard to figure when placed in chronological order. So far you have posted several red-herrings. If I'm off base correct me; I've missed it once or twice before. Greg
Did I miss the sign that says "Right-wing Knife Collectors Only"? And what red-herrings are you refering to? I'm not a Republican or a Democrat, nor am I left or right, and generally I’m not that concerned with politics, but I don’t mind throwing in my two cents occasionally. I don’t see calling out racist bullshit as being a left or a right thing, I see it as a common sense thing. When a bunch of innocent people get shot by a neo-Nazi scumbag and the first response is about how the “curry soaked smelly towel heads” probably brought it upon themselves, I have trouble letting that lie. I don’t begrudge him for expressing his opinion, I didn’t tell anyone to shut up or call anyone names, I only responded with my point of view, so what exactly is your problem?

When I get a new knife or someone posts something about knives that I find interesting, I'll comment on it. Otherwise, I'm at work, I'm bored, I've been following this news story, and I find other people's takes on it interesting.
"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and kill him." - Twain
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Fishman wrote:So if someone went to the Highland Games and shot everyone wearing a kilt they would have been asking for it? If someone lobs a pipe bomb into the local Oktoberfest it's their fault for attracting animosity? Give me a break dude. The only person to blame is the cowardly, racist asshole who decided a high-note in his pathetic life as a failed skinhead musician would be shooting a bunch of innocent men, women, and children. :roll:

Comparing Sikhs to the Germans, French, Scottish, Irish, etc, is lame. All of those people look like us, share common ancestry with us, common religious traditions, etc. I'm not saying no one ever discriminated against these groups in America, but it was a hell of a lot easier for them to assimilate and go unnoticed. The reason the Sikhs attract animosity is not only because they have different religious practices, but also because they are brown. That will always attract the animosity of a select group of retards, and no amount of assimilation will ever fix that.
Mr. Fishman,

You missed the point, completely. Nobody said it's their fault they got shot up, except they tend to generate animosity through their arrogance and greed towards Americans. I have no use for the French either. Go ahead, kiss their ass for all I care.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
hogwild

Post by hogwild »

Damn; that must sting.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Fishman wrote:So if someone went to the Highland Games and shot everyone wearing a kilt they would have been asking for it?
NO I said this was an atrocity :idea: [Did you fail to read that] :?:
hogwild

Post by hogwild »

So if someone went to the Highland Games and shot everyone wearing a kilt they would have been asking for it?

This is an example of a red-herring in case it is a new concept for you my friend.
Ludwig von Mises
Fishman

Post by Fishman »

Mr. Fishman,

You missed the point, completely. Nobody said it's their fault they got shot up, except they tend to generate animosity through their arrogance and greed towards Americans. I have no use for the French either. Go ahead, kiss their ass for all I care.

Best regards,

Bonz
So all Sikhs are greedy and arrogant, gotcha.
NO I said this was an atrocity [Did you fail to read that]
I get the part where its an atrocity, just not assigning blame to the victims.
This is an example of a red-herring in case it is a new concept for you my friend.
The assertion was that people who dress differently, have different cultures, or different religious practices invite animosity. It isn't a red-herring. There are all kinds of subcultures in the United States with different styles of dress, speech, religious beliefs, etc, and no one ever shoots them up because they happen to share the same skin color. There is a reason this guy targeted Sikhs and not the Amish...both groups keep to themselves, both groups wear funny hats and facial hair, both groups refuse to assimilate into modern culture, but only one group isn't white. Debating about whether or not an avowed white supremacist gives a crap about whether or not people are assimilated is a red-herring. This guy doesn't want people to assimilate, he wants them out of the country or dead.
hogwild

Post by hogwild »

Ludwig von Mises
Fishman

Post by Fishman »

My point was not that no one would ever attack the Amish, my point was that in the case of this individual he was motivated by their race, not their headgear. Do you really think the lead singer of a neo-Nazi metal band and dedicated skinhead is going to think to himself "Well, those brown people over there are wearing collared shirts, so they're okay with me."?

There isn't anything these people could have done to avoid the wrath of this lone asshat. The comments in this thread are as rediculous as the poster who said "Well, the people who got shot in that movie theate did go to see a violent movie..." as if they somehow deserved to be massacred or brought it upon themselves. Again, it's just victim blaming. I don't understand why a condolence for a tragedy has to be followed up with a "but". A bunch of people got shot, most of whom were elderly, one woman, and a police officer. It's a damn shame, and I don't really see why the food they ate or the turbans they wore needs to come in to play in order to figure out how sorry for them we can or can't feel.
hogwild

Post by hogwild »

It really isn't R/L. It's really assimilation/ or not. I don't give a damn where ya started from. I give a Major damn where you're headed. If you wanna be American- good for you and work for it. If you wanna be foreign: Fuck you
Ludwig von Mises
Fishman

Post by Fishman »

It really isn't R/L. It's really assimilation/ or not. I don't give a damn where ya started from. I give a Major damn where you're headed. If you wanna be American- good for you and work for it. If you wanna be foreign: Fuck you
It took the Germans, the Irish, the Italians, and other mentioned in the opening of this thread many generations to become fully assimilated. There are entire geographic regions of the United States where people still speak with the remnants of a Scandinavian accent. Up until the early 1900's there were parts of the Midwest where people still only spoke German. Many of the industries we all enjoy, like brewing for example, is a direct result of people NOT finding it easy to assimilate and establishing localized businesses in areas where other immigrants spoke their language and understood their culture. These things take time, and there is no reason to believe that Mexicans, Asians, Sikhs, or anyone else won't follow suit. I went to college with Sikh kids who dressed, talked, and acted just like I did, with the exception that they wore weird hats. Their kids will probably be even more American in their lifestyle.