medieval sword links

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
azn_seagull02

medieval sword links

Post by azn_seagull02 »

hey. i was looking around for a while and got a bit interested in swords from the medieval times. actually, i've been interested for a while(2 years) but mainly just like looking at them and someday hope to get one. does anyone have any links to sites that sell medieval era style swords that come from possibly spain, germany, US and other reputable countries?

seagull
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

It's not my area of expertise, the only one I have is:
http://www.museumreplicas.com/webstore/homepage.asp
azn_seagull02

Post by azn_seagull02 »

thanks vagrant. do you know where the knives sold there are made in? i dont want to be spending my hard earned money on cheap things made in a country with a bad manufacturing reputation

seagull
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

azn_seagull02 wrote:thanks vagrant. do you know where the knives sold there are made in? i dont want to be spending my hard earned money on cheap things made in a country with a bad manufacturing reputation

seagull
I don't know anything about them other than I think Museum Replicas are or were related to Atlanta Cutlery if my memory is correct. [I wouldn't bet much on my memory :wink: ]
azn_seagull02

Post by azn_seagull02 »

thanks for the info. anyone else got something to share?

seagull
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

The Knife Show on cable sometimes features these as part of a package deal. Unfortunately you might have to buy a bunch of really ugly "Buie" knives in outrageous configurations that are included in the package.
greywolf

medieval sword links

Post by greywolf »

ok guys the musuem replica stuff is ok if ya want a wall hanger or a nice looking sword.they are made in india and are not to well liked in the main stream collecors circut.yes they are cheep but the blades wobble and sometimes snap.the swords ya get from medieval times are only wall hangers made in spain, .a good sword for western martial use will not be cheap, it all depends on what ya want it for.if its gona hang on the wall then get a mrl or a arms and armor.if ya want a historical sword in blade,weight and that has been copied from a real sword look to http://www.albion swords.com or arms and armor for reviews on swords go to my armory .com.look to my post on sword fighting for a link to a great site called arma. best of luck in your shearch
greywolf
catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

gentle reminder this is the 21st Century, most will probably hang on the wall
greywolf

medieval sword links

Post by greywolf »

Yes i agree most swords ya find on most of these sites will be wall hangers.ya can find good made swords but they are gona cost ya(i just paid $600. for a hand and a 1/2 sword from albion).ya can find some good military swords from ww2 on e bay, if ya know what your looking for.del tin from italy also has some nice historical swords and are well liked in the field.best of luck in your search. greywolf
JR SWITCH

swords from museum replicas

Post by JR SWITCH »

greywolf---i have collected swords for at least 35 years, from several different suppliers--never had one from albion but i know they would be top notch, just can't justify spending that much money on something that will in fact be hanging on the wall most of the time--i have owned at least a dozen swords from museum replicas and they have been very good--originally made by del tin in italy, now made by windless steelcrafts in india--i personally wrote to hank r. the general manager at that time, to ask about the quality --he wrote back assuring me that the steels used were good, tempered correctly and MR would assure the quality level remained high--i have seen no other manufacturer offer anything even close to museum replicas for variety, finish and costing just over $200--if you have had swords fail from this co., what in god's name do you do to them?
Demonicus

Post by Demonicus »

Personally, this is a sword that I must have in my collection. Out of my price range for a while, but it's one heck of a weapon. Not that I can imagine ever needing to use it, I just simply like it :P