Any input on the Schrade 162OT Boot Knife?

This board is dedicated to small and big blades related to daggers, swords, and similar items.

Moderators: Milu, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Any input on the Schrade 162OT Boot Knife?

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I have been looking at these Chinese 7Cr17Mov stainless steel 3.8" blade "Boot Knives" They're running about $20.50 shipped to the door. I know that:

(a) The 7Cr17Mov steel holds a decent edge, but is prone to need resharpening more frequently than 1055, 1070, 1075 or 1095 steel. The upside is that the steel is tough and will take an edge quickly.

(b) The Delrin handle isn't the greatest, but it will last a long time if it isn't abused.

(c) The Sheath isn't the best but can be held in place with a good belt. (A nice sheath that would hold the knife to the calf would be a good addition).

I gleaned most of this information from customer evaluations provided by websites.

Does anyone have any additional input concerning these pieces? :?:
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Re: Any input on the Schrade 162OT Boot Knife?

Post by sammy the blade »

I don't know but for $20.50 you can't expect too much.
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Well, it turned out to be a reasonable value for the dollar. All I need is an "ankle sheath" to carry it into "El Rancho de Tijuana" undetected.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I wouldn't try sneaking anything into Mexico. You might get a cavity search if they find a knife. Not the cavity a dentist would be looking for!
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

It came with a "Limited Lifetime Warranty" and I took an already sharp edge and put a VERY sharp edge! So far, I am pleased. I hope that I never have to use the knife for the purpose which it was designed.

I like it.
Fishtail Picklock