a question...

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Misser Jerrybear,

I expect a new car to function properly... the only thing I expect to have to do with something new that needs "breaking in" IS to break it in (treat it gently for a while) ... not bugger about with it to get it going.

An automatic knife should open fully 100% of the time "out of the box" ... if it doesn't it's faulty.... making it work BETTER by soaking it in WD40 and oiling it up is fine... I do that to all of my knives as a matter of course...but HAVING to do that to get it to work isn't.

As for expecting a "custom" quality knife on the cheap.... now YOU'RE being silly... it doesn't matter how little you pay for something.. it should work properly.

And if the product is faulty the seller SHOULD pay the shipping... there's no excuse for sending a customer something that doesn't work.

Best wishes
Teddy
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Anything that has to travel from one continent to another MAY not arrive in the same condition as it left :idea: If all it needs to "fix" it, is a cleaning or a drop of oil, that's a lot cheaper than the price of express shipping to return it. That IS a good reason to purchase from a Dealer on your continent :idea: A GOOD Dealer will take care of this for you, before you ever see the item :!: One that doesn't may be re-assigned to a new position in the "food chain" :shock: :lol:
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

I'm buggered if I can see how a knife that was dispatched from Italy in full working order could arrive in the US (or anywhere else for that matter) in a defective condition.... it's far more likely that the bloody thing didn't work properly when it was SENT...

Still.... each to their own.... that's what makes the world such an interesting place.... there is a diversity of opinion on just about every issue... and my opinion is that if the damn thing doesn't open properly without being "fettled" .... the bloody spring isn't strong enough.

Best wishes
Teddy
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Teddy wrote:I'm buggered if I can see how a knife that was dispatched from Italy in full working order could arrive in the US (or anywhere else for that matter) in a defective condition.... it's far more likely that the bloody thing didn't work properly when it was SENT...

Still.... each to their own.... that's what makes the world such an interesting place.... there is a diversity of opinion on just about every issue... and my opinion is that if the damn thing doesn't open properly without being "fettled" .... the bloody spring isn't strong enough.

Best wishes
Teddy
Have you ever seen the way some people in the shipping industry "handle" some items :?: Arrival as a single unit is not a sure thing :lol: If a drop of oil or squirt of WD-40 is the only problem I ever have, I'm very happy :wink: Things go to a big airport, travel accross a big ocean, another big airport, a HUGE "C-world" and then to me :roll: One little drop of oil is not a lot to ask after all that adventure. Few of the people involved treat an item like it was their first-born :wink:
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

OK... let's take a closer look at the "damaged in transit" scenario...

ITEM: .. knife arrives with a blade that's too tight due to an over-enthusiastically piened pivot pin.... damaged in transit??

Perhaps someone unpacked it and put it onto a hard surface and gave it a smack with a hammer..??... that's about the only option because the knife is otherwise undamaged... niether is the packaging...

ITEM: ... knife is so full of shit that the blade drags and won't open properly.... damaged in transit?? ....

Perhaps it fell out of the packaging into some polishing compound and assorted grit...and was re-packaged be the carrier...

ITEM: ... knife doesn't open properly because the pivot pin is way off square to the liners causing the blade to be tight... damaged in transit ??

Someone took the knife out of the package and figured out a way to inflict this damage... it's totally beyond me...

ITEM: ... knife doesn't open properly because the spring is too weak.. blade is free... not binding anywhere... damaged in transit ??

Mysterious forces at work... it couldn't possibly be that the bloody thing was SHIPPED that way....

Best wishes
Teddy
brandon

Post by brandon »

lol. i think you guys forgot that my knife now works fine..... :lol:

and i wouldnt want to risk having at least two more trips through "c-world" (going out & coming back) unless i absolutely had on other choice (ie., the knife didn't open 100% of the time). These are the chances you take when dealing with a company overseas who's products may be slightly less than completely legal in your particular area.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Oh don't mind us.... we just enjoy a good argument.... we haven't had any decent subject matter for ages.... your post was heavensent... :wink:

Best wishes
Teddy
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

brandon wrote:lol. i think you guys forgot that my knife now works fine..... :lol:

and i wouldnt want to risk having at least two more trips through "c-world" (going out & coming back) unless i absolutely had on other choice (ie., the knife didn't open 100% of the time). These are the chances you take when dealing with a company overseas who's products may be slightly less than completely legal in your particular area.
I was wondering if anyone else noticed that :?:
But it did get us wound :wink:
I'll stop know and save some of the other things that happen in transit, for next time :idea:
Reetpleet

Post by Reetpleet »

Send it to me. I'll buy it. :wink: