Skm Kit

Read-only area containing the discussions related to the (now defunct) SKM Knives web site and its products.

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
zed

Skm Kit

Post by zed »

Hey there

I’m considering buying a switch from SKM and I’ve got some questions about the stiletto kits.

How difficult are they to assemble? I’ve read that at least some of you guys state it’s really easy. Thing is I’ve never had a switch so I mailed the staff at SKM and they sad “it’s difficult, you need to have experience and proper tools”.

So what should I believe? I am a motocrosser so I’ve had som mec - training, but not much on things as small as this. What could be a problem? I understand I have to insert the spring, could I place it wrong? How would I know that the knife work OK, before using a hammer on that rivet?

Are the blade on these knives any good? I’m not planning on using the knife, but if I have to, will the blade on these knives be good enough?
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

ZED,
Welcome to the forum. I got a couple of these kits last year and I think we are talking about two minutes per knife. The instructions are on SKMs web page so just print them out and do it. I don't know why they would have told you they are difficult, Totally the opposite. all you need is a very small hammer.
Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Welcome Zed. These kits are easy to assemble, even for the novice. Max couple of minutes per kit, like Claudester mentions.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
zed

Post by zed »

thanks a lot guys, feels a lot better now
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome
Very strange they would say "difficult" maybe they left out "NOT" since it is NOT difficult at all. Must be a mistake.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Greetings Mr. Zed,

And welcome to the forum... check out this link... it shows how to insert the spring...

http://www.skm.to/bin/skm.cgi/help/v/12 ... 1132250253

Best wishes
Teddy
zed

Post by zed »

Hey

thanks for all your help people I think I'll manage now

I was thinking that maybe they wanna keep a low profile, and not attract any attention. What do you guys think?

Oh! what about the blade on these knife - for show only or what?
NoneOfTheAbove
Location: It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.

Post by NoneOfTheAbove »

Hi Zed!

The Stilletto is traditionally a fighting/stabbing blade design, and pretty good at it, especially if you have an 11" one or larger, but for a "user" the Massaro Leverlocks are just great, nice and sharp and won't go off in your pocket.

But I think you should go ahead and build the kit you're talking about- it'll be great experience and you'll eventually get a bunch of different models as the months go on, anyway.
NSC 5412
zed

Post by zed »

I have ordered the kit. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Why do you think I'm gonna get more? Do you guys got many or what?

Personally I haven't planned on starting a collection, I justed wanted one of these to knieves as a kind of opposite to my normally so normal life.

I just realized something. I live in Sweden, so stilettos here, like any kind of weapon is a big no - no. Which is strange, they're just knieves right?

But what about the great US of A. What are the laws? Is possession illegal or just carrying in public?

I mean in America, almost anyone can get a gun right?
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Personally I haven't planned on starting a collection, I justed wanted one of these
Oh Boy, are you in for a surprise :!:

SD
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

jarvis wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Once he's; sold his blood, spent his life savings, broken into every parking meter in town, and tried to pawn his clothes, he'll begin to understand :!: That guy with the dark glasses and "seeing eye" hamster cold be anyone of us trying to get enough for "just one more" :lol:
zed

Post by zed »

ok guys

got the knife
put it together, didn't take long, just as you said.

One question
How do I open it proper?

sometimes it just opens halfways, I've only gotten it all the way once.
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Maybe the blade pivot pin is to tight. Try losening it.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
zed

Post by zed »

blade pivot pin?

which one is that and how do I losen it?

Will it losen if I just keep pushing that button? Is this something that can be worn out?

you guys reply real fast
doesn't anyone of you have a job? :D