upcomming collector.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
idol-of-ohio

upcomming collector.

Post by idol-of-ohio »

Hey everyone. I've recently become interested in collecting switchblade knives. Personally I am fond of Italian Stilletos, so I ordered one off of this site. I was just wondering if anyone knew of some good knife shops in Rhode Island that carries a decent quantity of silettos so I could go check them out. I can;t wait for mine to arrive, but I;d like to check some mroe out in person. Thanks!
chopsueyluey

Post by chopsueyluey »

Idol I do not think you will find many in shops. As they are typically illegal to sell. You may check out some pawn shops and ask if they have any. There are great sources for information on this board and you can find out all you need to know. I suppose the first thing to know is you have to start saving money right away. No matter how much you think you are going to spend you will need more. I started a short time ago and have already acquired 9 pieces and have 4 more on the way and two more I am bidding on at SD and 2 custom pieces being made. I have just scratched the surface of what's available. Welcome aboard.

David
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

Welcome.

Not sure of the laws in Toad Island ,but you can always ask some of the locals .

I know alot of the sellers online don't have storefronts , they work out of their homes or an office.
If ya find any ,let us know , it's only a 1/2 hr. drive for me.
idol-of-ohio

Post by idol-of-ohio »

Thanks for the replies guys. I do know that they are legal there, I just haven;t found any that have a large selection. I;ll keep looking though.
idol-of-ohio

Post by idol-of-ohio »

Removed
Last edited by idol-of-ohio on Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

in r.i. it is legal to own but not carry and they can not be displayed for sale to the public.

tryker
Grim

Post by Grim »

what parta rhode island you from im from cranston myself there really isnt anything around here all our flea markets suck and i used to stop in a store called the ole wittlin shop that had switchblades but he really didnt have any thing decent just a bunch of cheapos
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Ole Wittlin Shop is a great name... I can picture a bunch of old timers sitting on the front porch making chips. 8)
missaman

Post by missaman »

`Please read posting suggestions at the top of the page and see the good ones list
Missa
sammy da blade

/

Post by sammy da blade »

missaman wrote:`Please read posting suggestions at the top of the page and see the good ones list
Missa

party pooper.
thuggin -N- buggin, that's how i roll!
Grim

Post by Grim »

whippersnapper wrote:Ole Wittlin Shop is a great name... I can picture a bunch of old timers sitting on the front porch making chips. 8)
yeah the man who ran the store the one who said that all stilettos are chinese and i had to prove him wrong because he had a green milano and was asking 45 for it.I asked him if he had any authentic stilettos and he said it was authentic so knowing me i always have to get the last say in things so i had an AB cutlery catalouge in my car so i went back in the store showed him the catalouge and sure enough he came up with another story saying that they couldnt import italian stilettos into the united states.Thats not even the funny part after all this i ended up buying a couple of nazi novelty knives from him and he tried to talk me into paying 90 bucks for a star automatic lol :lol: but other than that he was a good guy he recently had to close his store he had heart problems and he just couldnt keep up with everything