mikov dual springs

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tanto

Post by tanto »

hollowdweller wrote: What exactly is the rationale behind the change ?
Manufacturing cost.

---------------

My knives + watches
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

hollowdweller wrote:Can somebody post a picture of one? I have a number of Mikov's but none with the double spring.

What exactly is the rationale behind the change ?

bad judgement

tryker
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

hollowdweller wrote:I have a number of Mikov's but none with the double spring.
TRYKER wrote: bad judgement
Why is that?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
YHWH-NISSI

Post by YHWH-NISSI »

JerrBear wrote:
xilix wrote:Pvknife carries them as well, but I think it's more expensive through them.
EVERYTHING is more expensive through them!
I purchased my very first knife through them! I did not know the going price of various stilettos and I was just getting started so I'm glad for the people who have found this place before making the same mistake that I did. However to be fair, I have to say their customer service was very good. Everything was shipped out right away and their communication seemed fine!
I'm not in the business of selling knives, so I will more than likely, not make any cash on mine, nor do I know the profit margin of PVK; but I do appreciate the people that I have purchased from who I know really have made minimal profitness! :D :D They should be allowed to make a profit, personally if I can make a good deal I will but I have also paid top dollar for particular knives that I wanted.

YHWH-NISSI
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value." Albert Einstein
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

JerrBear wrote:
hollowdweller wrote:I have a number of Mikov's but none with the double spring.
TRYKER wrote: bad judgement
Why is that?
jerrbear i believe the reason for the change is it is easyier to punch out the thinner springs on a punch n dye than a single piece and a smaller press can do that easier, but a single,thicker spring will hold up better,and be stronger. just a personal preferance on my end i areakin.

tryker