I can't stop

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
stepdaddy

I can't stop

Post by stepdaddy »

EDITED TO SAY this post started in 2003 it has been brought back to life with a contest that starts on page 12!

So I just got a new elcheapo STILETTO SWITCHBLADE off an online auction. Came home and found it in the mail box. I can't stop opening it. Anyone else have this problem. It's not like this is my first blade I own tons of them. Something about a new piece. Like a kid on Christmas. :D
Last edited by stepdaddy on Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gusdogg

Post by Gusdogg »

Not uncommon for me. Seems like christmas comes alot lately,and Santa's been good to me ,plus here in the states it's tax return time.Sometimes the cheapies are just as fun as the good ones,plus if they break no big deal thats probaly why we don't play with the good one's fear we might hurt it. keep flicking it's good for the hand and releases nervous energy. Enjoy!
Collector only
Landsurveyor

Post by Landsurveyor »

My first Mikov just came today in the mail. I can't stop opening it either. But that's why I bought it. I really like the way it sounds when it opens also. It definately is a habit that I have with all my of blades.
I supported the war, and I was right!
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

[quote]Sometimes the cheapies are just as fun as the good ones,plus if they break no big deal

Think ya read my mind. The pricey ones stay hidden in the box they came in. But a twenty dollar or less item gets harsh testing.
PS. My wife thinks all the knives I have are twenty dollars or less :D
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I've broken a Wor Tac, a Godfather and I'm working on breaking a MicroTech LCC (only had it 10 days) but I've never been able to destroy a cheapo stiletto! :lol:

The Falcon
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

I've broken a Wor Tac, a Godfather and I'm working on breaking a MicroTech LCC (only had it 10 days) but I've never been able to destroy a cheapo stiletto

Your not trying hard enough :D
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Stepdaddy, we are all addicted to this. Some of us are also addicted to Balisongs, Spring assited knives and sometimes one handers that snap open easily. All of these reduece stress all of them are unique but the switch is the most addictive in my opinon they can help you:
Stop Smoking, Cut back on fast foods (unless you became so addicated you become a junky), stop nervous reactions, an escape from your Wife/Lover/Girlfriend's PMS an much, much more! In short, welcome to our litttle SB meeting.

Jim, whats the medical term for all of our condtions related to this?
beartrap

Post by beartrap »

I've got one of those cheap stilletos too, carry it everwhere I go, use it for everything. Heck, I must flick that sucker at least 10 times a day using it, thats not counting when I just sit around flicking it for fun. I've had it for five years now and I still haven't broken it!!! :lol: As a mater of fact there isn't any play in the blade and it still has a pretty good click to it!! :shock:

not bad for a cheapy!! 8)
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

The Falcon wrote:I've broken a Wor Tac, a Godfather and I'm working on breaking a MicroTech LCC (only had it 10 days) but I've never been able to destroy a cheapo stiletto! :lol:

The Falcon
Falcon,

You may wear out the catch on that LCC, but I think you are safe from breaking the spring. I just got another. All black with Green Micarta scales. Really a pretty knife. I hope I get my other back soon from Microtech ( I "falconed" it) the catch stopped working.
Gusdogg

Post by Gusdogg »

I think swing guards have agreat ring to them kinda resonance from not only one piece of metal but three. :D
Collector only
Gusdogg

Post by Gusdogg »

My first Mikov just came today in the mail. I can't stop opening it either. But that's why I bought it. I really like the way it sounds when it opens

I just recently got my first one and I love it, great knife ,the puller is a little different than I'm used to.
Collector only
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Congratulations, hollowdweller! You've just coined a new verb, " to falcon". Definition: To demolish, to wreck, to destroy.

The Falcon
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Falcon

Perhaps if you moved closer to Pro-Tech you wouldn't have to spend so much time travelling to and fro. :D
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Why not get a job there as Chief tester outer! :lol: Cheers The spotlight kid. 8) P.S. that means Q C man for JerrBears benefit. :wink:
Last edited by the spotlight kid on Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

I guess the issue I have is do you think of your knives as tools or as collectibles. Only because I don't play with my other collectibles. But a new knife gets worked.