Imitation Horn

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Vagrant-

If I should be so fortunate as to apply myself upon the marginal hospitality of one Bonzoid Doofus for the 4th, I can assure you that we shall direly miss your absence, and salute you in flaming effigy with up-turned cups of hedonism. (I'm hoping to up-turn those DD cups myself, of course, only in the name of scientific exploration- dammit, I went and explorated in my trousers again)

I beseech the great un-washed masses!- Heed the cry of the Fourth of July! Snap your blades, discharge your firearms, and give forth the free cinderized hot dogs unto thy neighbor. (Get the cover charge up front first, tho')

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Corpse,

How are we today my post-moribund friend? Sounds like some self titilation down your way these days. Don't worry, I was hinting more at 'What-you-can't-see-is-really-what-you-don't-get'. Yes, just got back from a little visit up north. The only 2 bummers were:
1. No tracers available.
2. I couldn't find any knife kits.

The up-side was lots and lots of 7.62x39 FMJ and 9mm. The boys at the gun shop sure loved me and made sure Mrs. Bonzo didn't have to carry a thing out to the Jeep.

There was all kinds of American autos in the shops, but no Italian stuff. No biggie. I still have plenty of toy's to play with. Also went to the Hot Sauce store and found something you may enjoy, 'After Death' Some blazin stuff which will not dissapear very soon.

Mr. Vagrant,

Mr. Corpse and I will give you a 30 round salute all at the same time from various 7.62 weaponry, rest assured. The 4th of July is the sacred Bonzo Holy Day. I'll be taking some pics of the festivities and hopefully Mr. Tiny can post them. I know a 6000 mile round trip would be a real bitch, but you are always welcome.

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Ahhhhh... the offical Bonzo holy day, mind if I watch? lol
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Hey Bonz,

I guess I do not understand left coast laws or else I am missing something. Do you actually have to go out of state to buy ammo? Pardon my ignorance.

Jim
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I will be with you guys in spirit, and will launch some .30 Carbine from my Old Model Blachhawk in addition to the M-1. The Valmet and SKS will also
do their part in the festivities along with the Styer and Ross Straight Pulls.
Perhaps the Carcano will be allowed to particapate. [I made many jests
about these for 40 years then I got one cheap, I now have three of them.
O.K. they are NOT a pre-war Mauser but they have nicer metal work than
ANY Brit Enfield I've ever seen and shoot very nicely once you get the sights in some sort of alignment. One hole groups at 75 yards/meters
[the most I can do in the back yard] is NOT bad, but sights that are off as much as three feet at 25 yds could be where some of the accuracy complaints originated. The list could go on but it would be more fun to show you than tell you. Perhaps next year [I have fewer and fewer next
years as time goes by.] Maybe having "co-conspiritors" on each coast is
a good thing. I'm close enough to the "Peoples Democratic Republic" [Mass.] that those people will hear me and know I'm having fun.
[If they can't "eat cake" let them eat their hearts out.
"Live Free or Die" [our State Moto].
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Joint-Man,

Sure, if ya wanna make the trip, come on down to Mt. Zoomie. You'll fit right in with the rest of the dopers who stare upon the rock strewn slopes waiting for the Lemurian Mothership to decend upon the crest.

Mr. Jim D,

How the hell are ya 'ol pal! Yes, the laws here concerning ammo really suck. I, however, am a short and pleasant drive to the Beaver state. While there, I get to play with automatic knifes and buy vast amounts of non-taxed ammo from the gunshops who really feel sorry for thier California neighbor's whom are banned from buying guns in the Beaver state. Sure, I can buy most any type of ammo here in CA, but why? I saved over $40 in sales tax alone in OR which paid for the gas to get there plus dinner and beer.

Mr. Vagrant,

I was wondering if your SKS has the blade bayo or spike. Mine has the spike, which is banned here in the land-o-Fineswine & fishbreath Boxer. If it has the modified detachable 30rd clip, well, you get the cavity search if caught. Kinda funny that my Mac (basically an AK) fires the same round and can have the detachable 30 rounder. So, I'll be sure to unload mass amounts of lead in the name of Ted and you can return the volley in the name of Fineswine.

Best Regards,

Bonz
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

SKS

Post by Vagrant »

Bonz/Doof

I was wondering if your SKS has the blade bayo or spike. Mine has the spike, which is banned here in the land-o-Fineswine & fishbreath Boxer. If it has the modified detachable 30rd clip, well, you get the cavity search if caught. Kinda funny that my Mac (basically an AK) fires the same round and can have the detachable 30 rounder. So, I'll be sure to unload mass amounts of lead in the name of Ted and you can return the volley in the name of Fineswine.

The SKS has the spike, a folding fiberglass stock and a 5 rnd mag [makes it Deer legal]. The Valmet has an assortment of 30, 40, and 75 rnd mags.
Maybe some 5s and 20s for good luck.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Vagrant-

I also have the folding spike AK bayonet-cruciform it's called in cross sectional terms, for the sucking wound which will not self close as a blade bayonet wound is alleged to do. Oh sure! Only if the blade bayonet wound was done softly and gently, with no surrounding tissue damage, as one would expect from a puncture inflicted by the enemy a stabbin' away on ya', dontcha agree?

I have the dubious pleasure of owning one of the first chicom AK's legally imported into Fornicalia, and as it is a fold under stock like the MP-40, has these little 'swells' on the front forearm underside, and, I immediately noticed a recessed groove, as to accept the folding spike. So, I had the gun dealer order a spike assembly, which mandated the removal and replacement of the front sight, which his gunsmith did for me at a tally of some $ 200. Imagine my suprise when six months later they were for sale in Shotgun News for $19.99. Delightful gun tho' when folded, fits easily under my canvas tuxedo coat. The main drag being the lack of a bolt hold open device after the last round- does your Valmet magazine follower act as hold open device?

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Vagrant,

How do you like that Blackhawk in 30 M1? I remember when they first came out with those and I always thought they would be neat. I have a M1 made by Quality Hardware that I love and always thought the pistol would be a good addition. A rifle cartridge(sort of) in a pistol. My wife has the reverse. Her deer rifle is a 44 magnum lever action.

All,

Isn't that removal of the bayonet from the SKS the most asinine thing! I have one of the Russian SKS's with the blade type still on. It's a great gun. Shoots real straight. Still an awful puny cartridge to use for deer. More fun to shoot cans.
For deer I have an old 35 remington Marlin, and a 94 Mauser 6.5. More oomph!

Deer season is our religious holiday here. Everybody sets in meditation in the woods the first week and then carries around the sacrament(deer jerky) to pass out the next.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Hollowdweller,

Since I did not get my deer last year, and forgot to apply for this years tags, I'll have to put on my camo and sneak by the game warden to assasinate 'ol bambi. I just love to gut'em out and throw that almost still beating heart into a frying pan of chopped bacon and onion. Yummy! I think I'll get some bear tags this year and try my luck at that. A friend of mine nailed a 500+ pound black bear last year with a .243! That took balls. When I really want to reach out and touch something, I use my Winchester model 70 30.06 with 173 grains of bone shattering lead. Does impressive work on the skulls of disease infested squirrels. The buzzards got to eat too ya know!

Mr. Corpse,

Canvas tux, huh. Is that the one with the extended sleeves which are laced together on the backside? I have a most ingenious escape plan almost worked out for you. Sometimes I even surprise myself.

Best Regards,

Bonz
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Bang, Bang

Post by Vagrant »

Hollowdweller,
The Old Model Blackhawk .30 Carbine is A BLAST to shoot. Recoil is nill
but, Muzzle flash [and Muzzle blast] are AWESOME. Literally burns the
hair off your forarms. This combo is not Deer legal here [damn] but the
Carbine round is except out of a pistol. For pistol the list is .357, .40 [S&W].41[Mag].45[Colt] .44 Mag .454 .480 and probably a couple I forget. From this list my two favorites a Ruger Redhawk .41 mag [somewhat rare], and a Astra in .45 Colt [S&W model 25 clone but has
some improved features]. For long-gun hunting I can be VERY traditional
[.30-30 Winchester] or "off the wall" [Styer model 1895 Straight Pull bolt in 8x56 mm or Remington Rolling Block in .30 Carbine]. The Rolling Block
is obviously a custom they didn't have the Carbine round when it was made. My favorite Hunting Switchblade? A Hubertus with a saw blade but
the Catalana seems to have potential. And most Leverlocks would work. .
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Varmints

Post by Vagrant »

Doofus,
A Tompson Center Contender in .45-70 is great for small irritating things.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I'm not into hunting, but .432 against a 500 lb bear :shock: , how many shots?!
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Bonzo,

A bear with a 243? Pretty good shootin'. Here if you are hunting on your own land (we have 85 acres) you don't need a license, or tags for deer. During buck season you can take a buck and doe, then doe only season in Dec. We don't have any black bear here, but slightly to the north, right outside of the capitol there are tons of them. Another thing that has really come back are turkey. 15 years ago there were none. This summer I counted 54 in our neighbors yard that feeds them. Of course they all scatter in hunting season. Model 70 is a great gun.

Vagrant,

Your description of the Blackhawk makes me want to try to find one. I don't have many pistols. A Markarov, an old 1911 from ww1, a .22 magnum Charter Arms Pathfinder 6" barrel real fun to shoot,
and a kind of rare esoteric gun, a Webley military Police with about a 2" barrell in .450 caliber. The only other one I have ever seen is in an old article in the American Rifleman back in the 70's called Guns of Sherlock Holmes I think. The bullet is a stubby little thing. About as wide as it is long, but the gun shoots remarkably well.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Hollowdweller,

Mr. Bonzo ain't stooo-pid enough to go bear huntin with a .243, but I know this insane dude that is! I even have a pic of Mrs. Bonzo with that dead beast somewhere. I'll post it when ever I find it.

Best Regards,

Bonz