due buoi

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
fastr19

Re: due buoi

Post by fastr19 »

tb 4.jpg
tb 4.jpg (92.83 KiB) Viewed 402 times
IMG_0600.jpg
IMG_0600.jpg (358.79 KiB) Viewed 402 times
This is the Protech mentioned.
porkchop

Post by porkchop »

is the cheaper classic the one on the right in the photo?
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

porkchop wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm is the cheaper classic the one on the right in the photo?
The second from the left.
The leverlock is a really nice knife.
Btw they also had 2 more leverlocks, "Stan" and Ollie". They were all metal which was a different look.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

All the du bois knives shown are beautiful .

I particularly like the leverlock fastr19 posted but i'm not choosy and would have loved one example of any knife shown here .

Rarely see these for sale ,and never saw one this side of the pond as I would have bought it .
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Allen - nice photos! Was the Atlanta show where you had to try several Due Buois the one where the US Due Buoi representative exhibited substandard behavior?

Ian - those Due Buoi leverlocks are extremely hard to find on this side of the Atlantic as well. I made a huge blunder by not grabbing one during the short time they were available.

Jim
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Yes it was Jim. They have not been there in many years however. I think that business is defunct.
Blade is also where I bought the leverlock and I had my choice of many gorgeous knives.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I'm curious to know what price range these knives are in. An internet search has been frustrating, to put it mildly. What sales I could find were not recent, and sparse. The asking price was generally around $500.00, but that tells little about the current value, or even what the street value was back then. I saw a couple examples from about 6 years ago, presume they're long gone, for around $250.00.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Tom - if you are referring to the Due Buoi, it is hard to establish a value as it is not often they appear on the market. When they do, it comes down to the asking price and if there is a buyer with the "gottahaveits" My thinking is that 500 would be a speculators asking price.

If you are referring to the Godfather, we need to talk.

Jim
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

PM sent.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?