Switchblade Identification help INOX

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: Switchblade Identification help INOX

Post by JulesVane »

Nice knife!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

LaneLander
Hope I have understood this correctly ,apologies if not .
If the knife just fires open without pressing the button ,the sear pin could be badly worn and not fitting the hole properly .
However it could be a few things ,rocker assembly moved or twisted ,dirt in the blade hole where the pin fits and maybe other things
Only someone who actively works on these would know them all ,and ways of fixing them .

Ask on Bills Deforum here for advice on this issue and hope you can get it sorted.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Most of the stilettos I've owned all came with stuff in the hole.
2024 candidate for president
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

It appears that your button spring is broken. That's why it opens when you take the safety off.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
LaneLander

Post by LaneLander »

Thank you all for commenting and your input. Sounds like it may need some work but this would be the right place to try and part with it.
LaneLander

Post by LaneLander »

@Bill DeShivs, What would it cost to repair the Spring and get it into functional order? I am considering selling it and I am not certain if it will be worth more as unmolested or repaired condition.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

It's not a switchblade if it doesn't work.
The knife may be worth more than the added repair cost, and it will sell quicker if it works.
Here is an example of pricing. There may be additional problems encountered during the repair-such as blade tip peeking/sear repair becoming evident after spring installation.
Generally- kick springs run $90.00.
During spring replacement, button spring repair runs about $45.
Return shipping is $14.
General, light clean up is included in that pricing.
Blade refinishing costs $90 per hour.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
LaneLander

Post by LaneLander »

Okay,

So I will need to sell a couple knives to get this one repaired to sell it to get full value.

I know that sounds silly but I am not putting my own money into this as it was in my Dads collection. selling a couple knives to pull it off is no biggie, it just takes time. sounds like 10 Kershaw or 6 case knives will do the trick.

What have I gotten myself into.

Bill,

Thanks so much I will be in touch. To bad you were not in Illinois. We'd wheel and deal then.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I won't be accepting new work for at least a month.
LaneLander

Post by LaneLander »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:49 pm I won't be accepting new work for at least a month.
Bill, that's okay. My point was to say that it is not worth it to me to fix it (and I would not spend my money.) if I intend to sell it. I'd rather off set the price so the buyer can get it repaired and give it a better home.