Anyone got the new AGA Campolin ''Pattada''?(not happy)

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Blitz

Anyone got the new AGA Campolin ''Pattada''?(not happy)

Post by Blitz »

Hi knife friends,

Does anyone has bought the new Pattada from Aga Campolin?

I just received mine today and i have to say that this is another dissapointment from AGA Campolin. You really dont get any value for the money you pay. The price (135 euros) you pay for what you get is absurd. I dont understand their quality policy and no longer accept their ''hand made'' argument anymore. Their quality continues to deteriorate. It seems that they just want quick and easy money based on their brand name.

The knife has a overall poor fit and finish. Loose button, very sharp edges which are even not filed down, non centered blade that just scrapes the liner when you closing it. Poor safety slot which is not even straight. The spring has not even a smooth polish. The knife just feels very cheap.

Anyone else a feedback/complain?
Attachments
20240130_151656.jpg
20240130_151656.jpg (402.44 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
20240130_151740.jpg
20240130_151740.jpg (381.81 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
20240130_151646.jpg
20240130_151646.jpg (302.24 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
20240130_151626.jpg
20240130_151626.jpg (239.75 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
20240130_151608.jpg
20240130_151608.jpg (361.95 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
20240130_151544.jpg
20240130_151544.jpg (659.37 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
john

Re: Anyone got the new AGA Campolin ''Pattada''?(not happy)

Post by john »

Contact Angelo before returning it and ask for a full refund including shipping to you and back to AGA.
That knife should have never left the store.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

john wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:28 pm Contact Angelo before returning it and ask for a full refund including shipping to you and back to AGA.
I had experienced this before with them when with another AGA Campolin knife. I was then told that these knives are handmade and that this is their standard quality. They gave me the option to return the knife, but their boss (i suppose Angelo) asked me not to order anything from them again in the future. A very rude response to a legitimate complaint.

I hope more people will complain so they might take some action.
john

Post by john »

I sincerely doubt that they’re hand made. They should say assembled by hand and that is no excuse for poor quality. I agree that is a very rude response to a legitimate complaint.
If you’re a member of any other knife forum or Facebook group you may want to consider letting them know of your legitimate complaint. Buyer Beware!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Highspeedsteel

Post by Highspeedsteel »

Blitz wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:44 pm
john wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:28 pm Contact Angelo before returning it and ask for a full refund including shipping to you and back to AGA.
I had experienced this before with them when with another AGA Campolin knife. I was then told that these knives are handmade and that this is their standard quality. They gave me the option to return the knife, but their boss (i suppose Angelo) asked me not to order anything from them again in the future. A very rude response to a legitimate complaint.

As a business owner myself, that is not a suitable way to respond to customers!
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

john wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:38 pm I sincerely doubt that they’re hand made. They should say assembled by hand and that is no excuse for poor quality. I agree that is a very rude response to a legitimate complaint.
If you’re a member of any other knife forum or Facebook group you may want to consider letting them know of your legitimate complaint. Buyer Beware!
Thanks for the advice John, i will think about it.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

I stopped buying from AGA a long time ago, almost the same bad qc, and worse customer service, and at one time they where awesome.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Sounds like the knives aren't much better than the old jindiana marked ones. I was hoping for better.
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

Last time I ordered from them was in summer. No problems probably got lucky. The only thing that got me was I placed an order then about 5min later I figured I should order another knife so I placed another order. I emailed them asked if they could ship both knives together. They said no didn’t understand why not.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

I am happy to see that more people are dissatisfied with the quality of the knives that AGA produces nowdays. I hope that the complaints will pile up and send a signal to the owners of Campolin and that they will then take it seriously and undertake some action on it.
boots

Post by boots »

Blitz wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:44 pm

Just put my wallet back in my pocket.
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

I've never liked the look of Pattada's in all my years of collecting. That said, good luck.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Wait- you complained about a knife, they offered you a refund, and asked you not to order again.
And- you ordered again and aren't happy. So you ask everyone else to not do what you just did.

While I don't condone shipping bad products, you have to understand- there is no one making knives in Maniago. A few old guys-that's all.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:19 am Wait- you complained about a knife, they offered you a refund, and asked you not to order again.
And- you ordered again and aren't happy. So you ask everyone else to not do what you just did.

While I don't condone shipping bad products, you have to understand- there is no one making knives in Maniago. A few old guys-that's all.
Yes in the hope that things might be got better.

But what's wrong with giving a review where I remind people to pay attention from who they are buying?

I have no intention of denigrating a certain brand name because i'm a collector myself. My experience is based on honesty and if anyone among you has bought the knife yourself, they will also see that I am right. As I said, it is no longer an isolated issue but seems to be happening systematically and even getting worse.

Well, I believe there are a few old knife makers left but this is no excuse to sell a very poor quality knife for such a high price.
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

I’m not sure why anybody is surprised when they re-make Knives from the past that they are junk. The original’s weren’t good quality. The only Pattada’s you usually find are NOS, unused ones because any that were fired much failed eventually and ended up in the trash. Now they’re making them again and charging about as much as an original should cost.
I’ve heard for 30 years how collectors who either couldn’t find, or couldn’t afford an original trapdoor wanted to see them re-made. Once again the ones that show up are NOS ones that weren’t first quality back in the day. Any use and they will break and get thrown away. Old or new, junk knives are junk knives. It’s all about making money.
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!