Frenchi94 switchblade collection

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Frenchi94

Frenchi94 switchblade collection

Post by Frenchi94 »

Hello here is a post with photos of the switchblades that I have and had in my collection (some of them are gone I no longer have them).
It's nothing incredible compared to some of you but I'm happy to participate :)

ITALIAN SWITCHBLADE:
Picklock Maltese bolster 11inch from 20/30'S
ImageImageImageImage

Wandy D-stamped liners 11 inch

Transition D-stamped liners and just inox stamp 13 inch (build like a Wandy or Tarry Levigne)
2 Bo/Bc derby bolster wasp handle
Small picklock Tarry Levigne

FRENCH SWITCHBLADE:

Bargeon Bo/Bc jigged bones

Old Bargeon with nickel bolster with France stamp
Bargeon plastic imitation stag
Small Begon

Laguiole Bo/bc:
Stag Makinox:
Bargeon round button Bo/Bc:
Unstamped banana Bargeon:

SPANISH SWITCHBLADE:

Unknow:
Last edited by Frenchi94 on Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
@frenchXcollection
whippersnapper

Re: Frenchi94 switchblade collection

Post by whippersnapper »

I'd say they are pretty darn good!
Frenchi94

Post by Frenchi94 »

whippersnapper wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:20 pm I'd say they are pretty darn good!
Thank you I appreciate :oops:
I hope others will like to see it too :!:
@frenchXcollection
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Nice collection !
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

I agree with whippersnapper....

Its a fantasric collection containing some ultra rare knives.

I really love that 13 "transitional ,and the maltese knife in the first picture( which I cant forget )is a holy grail knife .
Always wanted a laguiole and a bargeon aswell but was halted in my quest unfortunately .I especially like the all metal bargeon ,but would love anyone of them .

Add that lovely lizard import with great horn and you have a collection many would be proud of.

Thanks so much for sharing them 8)

Hope your well

Ian
Frenchi94

Post by Frenchi94 »

Tom19176 wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:55 pm Nice collection !
Thank you :)
Thank you, for financial reasons I unfortunately couldn't keep them all..
@frenchXcollection
Frenchi94

Post by Frenchi94 »

gravknife wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:57 pm I agree with whippersnapper....

Its a fantasric collection containing some ultra rare knives.

I really love that 13 "transitional ,and the maltese knife in the first picture( which I cant forget )is a holy grail knife .
Always wanted a laguiole and a bargeon aswell but was halted in my quest unfortunately .I especially like the all metal bargeon ,but would love anyone of them .

Add that lovely lizard import with great horn and you have a collection many would be proud of.

Thanks so much for sharing them 8)

Hope your well

Ian
Thank you GravKnife I am delighted that you like these photos and it is a pleasure for me to share them on this wonderful forum :D

The 13 inch is impressive and it is exactly the same construction as the import Lizard Tarry Levigne or transition Wandy and the blade is 5 mm thick, I don't know if it's the same on all 13 inches or if the blades are less thicker ?

Yes the Maltais is an absolute grail from 1920/1930's according to the Maniago knife museum but unfortunately I had to sell it to expand my collection...

Why couldn't you get your hands on any Bargeons?
As a French frog the Bargeon are my favorite especially the Bo/Bc jigged bone which is the luxury version of this switchblade.

Take care of yourself,
Good Bye :wink:
@frenchXcollection
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Frenchie94

Switchblades are now banned in the uk where I live and after numerous custom seizures and a visit from the police threatening to take all my knives ,swords etc :o I decided to call it a day and not risk it .

I just have to enjoy the knives I have accumulated .It is a bit of a torture coming here as I really love these knives but cant add to my collection ,but the people here are great and my freinds so I come here to see them and for a look at what others have like yourself .

I did bid on a few laguioles in the past but they went quite high or were broken ,and I could have had a few bargeons when I first started but was collecting other types of switchblade,at the time ,really wish I would have bought one example at least .

Anyway I always love seeing the French knives so thanks again for the great pictures ..
boots

Post by boots »

Thanks for sharing, those are some mighty fine looking knives!
john

Post by john »

Wicked cool knives thanks for posting the photos.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

All really nice! That Terry Levigne picklock is really interesting. We usually only see them in swivel bolsters.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Frenchi94

Post by Frenchi94 »

gravknife wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:45 pm Frenchie94

Switchblades are now banned in the uk where I live and after numerous custom seizures and a visit from the police threatening to take all my knives ,swords etc :o I decided to call it a day and not risk it .

I just have to enjoy the knives I have accumulated .It is a bit of a torture coming here as I really love these knives but cant add to my collection ,but the people here are great and my freinds so I come here to see them and for a look at what others have like yourself .

I did bid on a few laguioles in the past but they went quite high or were broken ,and I could have had a few bargeons when I first started but was collecting other types of switchblade,at the time ,really wish I would have bought one example at least .

Anyway I always love seeing the French knives so thanks again for the great pictures ..
Yes I am aware of the fact that switchblades are banned in the UK..
Too bad you can't fully live your passion because of stupid laws because these blades are no more dangerous than that of a kitchen knife but hey is like that... :cry:
I thought you live in the USA because you are very active on the forum.
I understand that it must be torture for you to see all these wonders that pass on the forum without being able to obtain any but if it is for your passion and for your friends that you continue to connect here it is honorable :wink:
Glad you like these frog switchblades.
Besides, in the UK did you have a brand that made switchblades too?
I hope see you soon.
@frenchXcollection
Frenchi94

Post by Frenchi94 »

boots wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:11 pm Thanks for sharing, those are some mighty fine looking knives!
john wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 8:23 pm Wicked cool knives thanks for posting the photos.
With pleasure!
Thank you for your message guys :)
@frenchXcollection
Frenchi94

Post by Frenchi94 »

JulesVane wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:12 am All really nice! That Terry Levigne picklock is really interesting. We usually only see them in swivel bolsters.
THANKS!
Well seen you are right about the Tarry Levigne it's a Swizel Bolster I don't know why I wrote that it's a picklock , my bad :lol:
@frenchXcollection
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

I must say that you have some very desirable switchblades.