My first Campolin

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

I bought my first switchblade, a 9 inch picklock, in Italy as a kid in the late 50's. I lost interest when it was stolen 10 years later, probably because these things were no longer available in the US. Over the past year, my interest has been rekindled. A while ago I obtained a 15" Campolin bayonet with blond horn, and it looks just like that first knife, only a whole lot larger. Some of the terminology being used in this forum regarding these knives is not familiar to me. For example, what is "D" stamped liner? Is there a source for this info?
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Greetings and welcome to the forum,

Look inside the blade well (where the blade goes when you close the knife) under decent light and you can just about make out a "D" shaped (two actually) hole(s) in the liner ... that's the result of that bit of the liner being pushed up in order to provide a pivot point for the rocker mechanism that is the pushbutton.

Hang around here for a while and you'll be surprised at what you learn... I know I was ... and still am... :wink:

Best wishes
Teddy
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Welcome tp TalkBlade natcherly :wink: Lots of great folk here and usually you'll get your questuons answered.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

:D natcherly,
welcome to the forum,but i must warn you,run while you still have the chance,when i joined this forum i was a nice young guy of 59,these people have turned me into a knife buying,shine guzzling,FG chasing 60 year old :wink:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome natcherly,
This is like a "secret organization" and the longer you're here the more "secrets" are revealed to you :wink:
floater

Post by floater »

Vagrant wrote:Welcome natcherly,
This is like a "secret organization" and the longer you're here the more "secrets" are revealed to you :wink:
Howdy Mr. Natcherly & Welcome,
Secret # 1 - If you haven't heeded tequiza's advice, it's probably already too late!
(Some secrets are less secret than others.) :wink:

Now, you tell us a secret........

floater
It's all here before your eyes / Safety is a big disguise ....
That hides among the other lies / They divide and conquer.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Do NOT reveal the secret about acquisition :wink: Someday the question "How many knives do you own?" will be answered with "How the hell should I know, want to see my latest"? :roll:
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Thank you all for the information, advice and pointers. Keep it coming.

One thing still puzzles me about tequiza's post, what is he doing chasing after Field Goals? It isn't even football season.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

natcherly wrote:One thing still puzzles me about tequiza's post, what is he doing chasing after Field Goals? It isn't even football season.
nope,but it's always FG season :wink:
like vagrant said,the longer your here,the more secrets you'll know :lol:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers