Auction sites

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Graybeard

Auction sites

Post by Graybeard »

Any good auction sites out there besides sharperdeal??
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Auction sites

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Gunbroker.com
With any auction site, you need to know exactly what you are buying.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I agree with Bill, and will add a caveat. It is best to also know the seller. There are some outstanding sellers, as well as some dishonest ones. My personal experience includes being swindled many times by sellers who tell the truth, and nothing but the truth, but not the whole truth. It can be beneficial to ask very specific questions about potential issues that might not appear in the photos.

Jim
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

There are several Face Book sights that have sellers. They seem to have the best prices for knives. Modern stuff, I would say you can't beat Perry Knife works.
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

Yeah I like gunbroker for guns sometimes. Looked at a knife on there couple weeks ago. It was a IKNOX. But the stamp looked like someone used a bur bit to write it so asked seller about three times what year it was no reply. So never bid on it.
Graybeard

Post by Graybeard »

Brain fart I meant INOX