New Line Of Italy Stilettos

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

New Line Of Italy Stilettos

Post by Tom19176 »

On FB there has been a release of a new brand of Italian stilettos which is using well known makers with w new Dolphin stamp on the back. Seems to be in 11" and 13" sizes and maybe more. Nice horn on them. I didn't get any but I wanted to let those here who are not on FB to know about them too....
dolphin 1.jpg
dolphin 1.jpg (324.37 KiB) Viewed 6113 times
dolphin 2.jpg
dolphin 2.jpg (343.8 KiB) Viewed 6113 times
dolphin 3.jpg
dolphin 3.jpg (38.03 KiB) Viewed 6113 times
Dolphin 4.jpg
Dolphin 4.jpg (241.34 KiB) Viewed 6113 times
Tom19176

Re: New Line Of Italy Stilettos

Post by Tom19176 »

Brasilian horn, 13 "
Maniago and Dolphins ( Di Bon -Mariani) Stamp
Bayonet blade!
Stay tuned
I take advantage of this post to answer the countless questions from customers and friends ! the brand will be present on the knives marketed by me and Lucio Di Bon! the knives will be guaranteed in quality, the handles will all be first choice, and the checks will be carried out for every single knife! have accepted our initiative of high quality, well-known brands from Maniago
Frank Beltrame, Giovanni Beltrame! Ottavio Massaro, and many other artisans!
You all know Lucio di Bon (the big dolphin) and me (the little dolphin)! the quality and beauty and delivery are guaranteed!
Grazie

The above is what the seller posted on FB.....
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

They look really good, bet they're pricey. Any idea of what they cost? I'm sure they'll be out of my reach but those interested would probably like to know.
2024 candidate for president
boots

Post by boots »

A couple of them popped up on the Sardinian website, now sold.
https://www.sardinianknives.com/
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I did not ask what he is getting for them.....
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I'm not really sure what to make of them. They look nice. I think the collaboration of names involved is interesting. We see Lucio Di Bon's access to beautiful scale material. Beltrame's blade with the oval hole through it. We are so use to seeing Lucio work closely with Renzo Pascotto on some real quality knives. 2 Dolphins stamp must be new? I can't help but to wish for modern quality knives made the old way with nickel silver, D stamped liners and slip in springs.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Yes the Dolphins stamp is new.....It would seem they are hand picking the cream of the crop from the various makers and using the new stamp on the back for marketing them. Let's see if this idea last....
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

DM stand for Di Bon - Mariani.

Fransesco Mariani and Lucio Di Bon working together.

Di Bon makes an extra effort to choose the best and most beautiful horn scales for the knives. In addition, there is collaboration with Frank Beltrame, Massaro and Giovanni Beltrame.

There are two craftsmen who make the knives for DM. Both from Maniagio of course and one of them is already 87 years old.

I haven't been able to get my hands on them yet, but from the photos and videos they appear to be top quality stuff.

I plan on ordering at least one in the future.
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

I have. Talked with Franseco quite a few times and seems like a good upstanding person. Even bought a few knives from him over the course of the past year and of course I am familiar with Lucio and even had the privilege of meeting him, touring his facility and invited to his home and getting to see his private collection. And what a collection it is.
I have yet to get one of the double dolphins but certainly plan to.
The whole idea seems to be a dream that came true. I would love to be able to do that.
My own line of Otter Autos!! Hahaha
What a trip it would be!!!!
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Mad Otter fish bonkers!
Markco the Mad otter

whippersnapper wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:41 am Mad Otter fish bonkers!
This is a dream that I hope will be realized!
I believe that it would be good for this crazy, mixed up world that we are living in.
I will talk to my Italian friends and see if this dream can materialize.
It could be the beginning to a new world. A new world where...yes Otter Auto Bonkers could bring joy to men, women and children!
Perhaps a prototype would sport genuine imitation warp free horn!!!
Oh the possibilities....
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
boots

Post by boots »

Some of those are standard Frank B's.
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

So, are knives being made specifically for the new brand (like Frank Beltrame makes knives for Latama)? If they are, cool.

Or is the Dolphin brand cherry picking the best ones from a normal Frank Beltrame production run, putting their own stamp on them, and then selling them at a markup? And everybody else who buys a Frank Beltrame gets stuck with a flawed reject that wasn't good enough for the Dolphin brand. If that's the case, I don't think that's very cool, regardless of who's doing it.

Imagine if I did that. I go to Italy, buy up the best ones, come back and sell them at a markup. I imagine people would call me a jerk for hogging up the best ones for myself so I could flip them for a profit.

I'm a capitalist, and I guess what I just described qualifies as capitalism, so I won't criticize it too harshly, but it still rubs me the wrong way. I won't be buying any.
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A

Stiletto switchblade parts for sale- blades, bolsters, sears, rockers/buttons
Markco the Mad otter

No. I believe it is more like the Latama thing.
The cherry picking is at Lucio's for best horn, exetra for scale material.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!