Rizzuto Repair

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
MikeMc.

Rizzuto Repair

Post by MikeMc. »

Can somebody get me in touch with someone who works on Rizzys ?
LGustin

Re: Rizzuto Repair

Post by LGustin »

There is a gentleman on here that works on them. He is finishing up with mine right now. I can let you know how it turns out when I get it back. I will let him know you posted looking for someone and see if he is ok with me sharing his contact info. I will post back if I don’t see that you found someone.
MikeMc.

Post by MikeMc. »

Thank you!!
john

Post by john »

Send JimBrown257 a pm.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

LGustin wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:58 pm There is a gentleman on here that works on them. He is finishing up with mine right now. I can let you know how it turns out when I get it back. I will let him know you posted looking for someone and see if he is ok with me sharing his contact info. I will post back if I don’t see that you found someone.
Old thread but how did the repair turn out?
LGustin

Post by LGustin »

Mine turned out very nicely. It wasn’t fast but well worth the wait. My Rizzy has sentimental value, it was my first switchblade.
IMG_4187.jpeg
IMG_4187.jpeg (108.82 KiB) Viewed 3257 times
IMG_4188.jpeg
IMG_4188.jpeg (116.7 KiB) Viewed 3257 times
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Cool! Glad it turned out. You never said who was doing the repair. Can you tell us? I probably have an idea but not many guys out there doing repairs anymore and it's nice to know if there is anyone new,
LGustin

Post by LGustin »

Nobody new, Jeremy was who I was referred to and he would be my first person to contact if I needed more work done. I don’t want to publish his contact info openly but if someone needs it they can PM me.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

That's who I thought. I'm just glad he is still doing it because I haven't heard from him in ages. He lives east of me about 70 miles on the other side of the state. I need to see if we can hook up the next time I get over by Lake Huron and buy him lunch.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

That one looks very similar to one I sold/ traded on here a few months ago. Mine had the swage blade, tang stamp, and the bolster wasn't stepped.
john

Post by john »

Jerry aka JimBrown257 is the only person I know who can or willing to repair Rizzuto stilettos. I’m glad to hear he’s still available to work on this type of knife.
Your knife look amazing.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
LGustin

Post by LGustin »

john wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:11 pm Jerry aka JimBrown257 is the only person I know who can or willing to repair Rizzuto stilettos. I’m glad to hear he’s still available to work on this type of knife.
Your knife look amazing.
Thank you, my grandmother gave it to me after i graduated from high school so it’s pretty special to me.
JimBrown257 was/is the MAN when it comes to working on Rizzy’s
Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

That one looks pretty neat......for some reason I have a weak spot for white plastics. Reminds me of my early years in life when allmost every car had a white steeringwheel , white knops on the dash and kitchen knives had white handles.
LGustin

Post by LGustin »

Erik131065 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:40 pm That one looks pretty neat......for some reason I have a weak spot for white plastics. Reminds me of my early years in life when allmost every car had a white steeringwheel , white knops on the dash and kitchen knives had white handles.
Certainly reminds me of simpler times. A nice reminder of how good we had it back in the 80’s and earlier.