Rizzuto variation

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Austinaftermath

Rizzuto variation

Post by Austinaftermath »

Ive seen plenty of Rizzuto variations, 9's, 11's. Guardless, wasp body and the picklocks even a manual; But I've never seen this one before it appears to be japanese made.

ImageScreen Shot 2023-06-11 at 2.29.11 PM by Austinaftermath1, on Flickr

ImageScreen Shot 2023-06-11 at 2.28.26 PM by Austinaftermath1, on Flickr
big_slim

Re: Rizzuto variation

Post by big_slim »

never seen that one either, is it bo/bc?
Austinaftermath

I'm assuming; it's getting shipped to me.Im curious about the liners and what the spring looks like. I remember the batwings and the sep bolsters having the best sear and spring; but I've seen some of the 8" guardless ones with brass liners. Its reminding me of the old flat grind batwings; it looks thicker than standard Rizzuto. I'll update this with more details and much better pictures when i get it. I'm going to try to get this to a Rizzuto collector so they can compare it to the various models. The only thing really throwing me off is the bass bail, I only ever see the engraved one. This one looks like the one from wone of those lucite lever locks.
Last edited by Austinaftermath on Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I think it is from Japan.
Austinaftermath

Here she is; works perfect with a little back and forth play plus the safety even works! It's definitely been used, I'm surprised there is no peek. I can't see the sear, it has two sear holes instead of a notch for looking open like other Rizzutos i have seen. That stamp looks familiar, but i can't place it. Too bad about the missing piece of scale and the crack from the bolster to the button and that notch in the blade.

full pics here: https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAHmo7

ImageIMG_2975 by Austinaftermath1, on Flickr
ImageIMG_2984 by Austinaftermath1, on FlickrImageIMG_2982 by Austinaftermath1, on Flickr
ImageIMG_2980 by Austinaftermath1, on Flickr
mbnjknifemaker

Post by mbnjknifemaker »

Way back in 1986 I got a 7" BO/BC Rizzuto with the "S" guards, plain brass bail and blue scales. It also had the "stainless steel" mark in a half circle. It was a get from a guy who got from a guy deal so I don't know how old it was when I got it.
Austinaftermath

I a the most unfamiliar with the guard less small ones; but I’ve only ever seen them with bayonet ground blades. The only one flat grind ones ( Japanese made) have been this and the batwings ( both Bo/bc and the lockback ones).