Curious

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Richtee

Curious

Post by Richtee »

I know it’s a decent blade. Got it from a passed friend, but I don’t know it’s history or value. Any edification?
Attachments
SAM_8486.JPG
SAM_8486.JPG (94.27 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
SAM_8485.JPG
SAM_8485.JPG (96.5 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
SAM_8488.JPG
SAM_8488.JPG (104.08 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
SAM_8489.JPG
SAM_8489.JPG (114.02 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
SAM_8487.JPG
SAM_8487.JPG (519 KiB) Viewed 1389 times
sammy the blade

Re: Curious

Post by sammy the blade »

Nice one and you'll get some info on it soon but I can't tell you much about it.
2024 candidate for president
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

It appears to be a Robert Klass Kissing Crane leverlock. These are well made desirable knives. The bad news is that from the photo is appears that the blade is "down" a good bit which means much of it has been ground away from sharpening. This is actually common among vintage German leverlocks as they are well made, built for actual use, and most of them were. If it was mine, I'd keep it in memory of my friend.

Jim
shursnap

Post by shursnap »

There is certainly blade loss due to sharpening, but the blade is still close to 90% full and though it reduces the value, the knife is still probably worth at least $200 being a Robert Klaas Kissing Crane and being vintage as long as it works properly and the blade tip doesn't peek much, if any when closed. Nice old knife.
Life is not a destination.... but a journey. Don't forget to stop and smell the Roses as you go!

(Couldn't hurt to pick up a few switchblades along the way too! ) ;-)
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

that would make a good edc,it look's like your late friend was using it for a very long time,I like to see that in a knife,I would keep it in honor of your friend.
Richtee

Post by Richtee »

Thanks gents... appreciate the info. I had not planned on offing it, was just curious how careful I should be with it :D It really shows no “peek” but the tip IS right there. It has a good edge- I did sharpen it once with my Worksharp. But it’s rarely used, more a memento, or letter opener-as you guys suggest. He was a good guy, stands to reason he had a good knife...or 10 ;)