5 1/2" and 6 1/4" Stilettos

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Which one's better?

5 1/2" Stiletto
18%
6 1/4" Stiletto
82%

Total votes: 17

J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

5 1/2" and 6 1/4" Stilettos

Post by J-man »

Hey everybody I'm thinking of getting a 5 1/2" or 6 1/4" Stiletto, skm/ab has limited handle types for these and akc doesn't even manufacture in that size, then theres F.lli Beltrame but I have to order a minum of 80 dollars. So do they have a nice snap? how long do they last? Are they enginered neatly (is the blade on an angle when locked into the open postion) stuff like that.
Thanks for your help in Advance!
airblade

Post by airblade »

:?:
Last edited by airblade on Sat Nov 06, 2004 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan-o The Ritalin Kid

Post by Dan-o The Ritalin Kid »

Actually they make great "fidget" knives. I always carry the one I got in Eugene from TyDye. Dark horn bayo blade 6 1/4" love it.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Airhead,

I see your still stuck on the 4" Junior size! One of these days you'll work your way up to a womans size. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. Dan-O,

Did ya get one of those OTF lighters from Tydy? I did.

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Dan-o The Ritalin Kid

Post by Dan-o The Ritalin Kid »

Nah, I don't smoke and well.... there are certain rules and conditions I have to follow, one is, I have to cork the sharp ends of any objects I have, knives, forks, tin snips, screw drivers, etc. The other has to do with combustibles. :twisted:
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

If a blade can't reach from a belly button to a backbone then it's not an effective defensive weapon.
vinithehat

my pansy hand and tough choices.

Post by vinithehat »

when i was thinking of what size stiletto to get i was considering a smaller size, like maybe 6 1/2 or 7" knife. i was thinking about my most comfortable shrade pocket knife, which isnt that big (i have small hands).

I GOT THE NINE INCH ONE.

get the point?

vini
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

SIZE size

Post by Vagrant »

The 5 1/4" - 7" all make nice little pocket knives. As far as straight blades
go it's always a gamble, but most of these are pretty good. The standard
blade is by far the best to get if you want to cut anything. On small knives
like these a Bayo blade has an edge like a cold chisel.
vinithehat

sheer "non-arrestabilitude"

Post by vinithehat »

im already thinking of getting another stiletto somewhere in the range of 5-7 inches. i live in NYC, and these days GOD FORBID anyone notices that you have a big-ass-scary knife on you.

little-ass-scary knife seems like the next move. i just wish AB had better custom options (especially w. blade materials.

also, the mikovs look kinda nice.. classy, cosmopolitan.. ehhe :twisted:
Zack

Post by Zack »

J man,
Personally, I'm kinda fond of the Bayo. Check out Coolstuff. He has AKC sixer Damascus Bayos in both Horn and Stag...
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

Sounds like you're looking for a daily use stiletto. A better knife for actually cutting stuff is a leverlock. Check out the AB site for the Sigfried. Size is right in there for carry and the big Pen blade is great for most knife work....not to mention the excellent auto action. Stilettos are for sticking things (or enemies) and I dont leave home without an 11 inch.
vinithehat

daily use

Post by vinithehat »

i've been looking at the lever locks, the sad thing about the sigfried is the lack of handle materials. the best thing there is the rosewood, but it comes with that garish brass trim. egads!

i suppose it could dull over time. but that definately a better option.

but stilettos are just so much cooler!

vini
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Yes, Rocc, leverlocks are much more functional than stilettos. Yes, Vini, stilettos are MUCH prettier. My daily carry is now a seigfreid leverlock, a rare and valuable SKM/Vagrant Knives model.

Jim
switchman1

61/4" stiletto

Post by switchman1 »

greetings j-man; I have several older knives in the 61/4"which are collectable so I dont carry them but they are fun to snap openand play with. Ijust won at auction a f. beltrame 61/4" horn scaled bayo blade for 36.00 plus shipping Ill let you know how that is. Do you really want a stiletto for your edc knife?
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
ragtime red

Re: 5 1/2" and 6 1/4" Stilettos

Post by ragtime red »

J-man wrote:Hey everybody I'm thinking of getting a 5 1/2" or 6 1/4" Stiletto, skm/ab has limited handle types for these and akc doesn't even manufacture in that size, then theres F.lli Beltrame but I have to order a minum of 80 dollars. So do they have a nice snap? how long do they last? Are they enginered neatly (is the blade on an angle when locked into the open postion) stuff like that.
Thanks for your help in Advance!
Jman, the ones I've seen were super. They are made by a man that has been making these small sizes since the 1950's. Assuming SKM is still getting them from him, I would check into it. The ones I've seen have the D stamped liners and old picklock style rocker/button mechanism. I bought one from Tydy also about a year and a half ago and it was great.