Kriss Leverletto

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Chris51P

Re: Kriss Leverletto

Post by Chris51P »

john wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:12 pm Hi Chris,
After I saw my first one I was hoping I’d run into one at some point, but I haven’t yet. I think Natchetly has one too.
The GOM has no S guard/ears. I may be mistaken but that’s not a leverletto. Nevertheless, it’s a beautiful knife. I have several GOM’s they are very well-made.
Congratulations on your new knife.
John
You're correct in that the GOM is not a Leverletto. I believe that the GOM tang stamp stands for "Giovanni Octavio Massaro". I'm sure that Bill could either confirm that or tell us what it does stand for.
john

Post by john »

Chris51P wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:28 pm
john wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:12 pm Hi Chris,
After I saw my first one I was hoping I’d run into one at some point, but I haven’t yet. I think Natchetly has one too.
The GOM has no S guard/ears. I may be mistaken but that’s not a leverletto. Nevertheless, it’s a beautiful knife. I have several GOM’s they are very well-made.
Congratulations on your new knife.
John
You're correct in that the GOM is not a Leverletto. I believe that the GOM tang stamp stands for "Giovanni Octavio Massaro". I'm sure that Bill could either confirm that or tell us what it does stand for.
Hi Chris51P,
I believe your correct, “I believe that the GOM tang stamp stands for "Giovanni Octavio Massaro", my only doubt is his first name. It may be Genaro.
Can any one confirm GOM’s first name?
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Bill, I didn't go there either, just flipped the info for you guys to compare . It was the first one to show on the search, go figure...
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Ottavio Massaro.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Yes Eric I remember that ! I think the dealer with the fake one didn't really know they were fake until I showed him the real one to compare to it!