Kriss Leverletto

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Kriss Leverletto

Post by JulesVane »

I know Bill's weekend wouldn't be complete without the 1,001st question on "Is this an authentic Leverletto?" lol...So, I've collected a few recently and thought it would be cool if AKC did a Kriss Blade Leverletto. I even asked Angelo if he had any plans to, but his reply was "not at this time...maybe in the future". But, he didn't mention if AKC had EVER produced one in the past. We all know Bill's name is the most famous in all of Asian cutlery and they've counterfeited the Leverletto countless times. But, along came this Kriss Blade model. Bill tells us to "read the knife, not the markings". So, I placed it side by side to my authentic Leverletto to compare. The reason I even question it is that I'm not even sure AKC ever produced one with a Kriss Blade, but it seems to match up in comparison pretty well. BUT! The "stinker" is, this Kriss Blade model has a brass pivot pin that does not match up! I took a bunch of pics, but these few maybe all that's needed. Fake or legit, what say you Bill? (Thanks in advance).

Last edited by JulesVane on Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
METALGOD

Re: Kriss Leverletto

Post by METALGOD »

hi JV it is real for sure , AKC did in fact make kriss blade Leverletto's maybe 10 years ago possibly more than 10 years ago , i had bunch at one time , i think they were only made in traditional handle material (blackhorn,blondhorn stag) possibly few in other handles but most were made with standard materials .
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

METALGOD wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:57 am hi JV it is real for sure , AKC did in fact make kriss blade Leverletto's maybe 10 years ago possibly more than 10 years ago , i had bunch at one time , i think they were only made in traditional handle material (blackhorn,blondhorn stag) possibly few in other handles but most were made with standard materials .
Thanks Bernie. I never knew for sure AKC ever made a Kriss Leverletto. I see that brass pivot pin and figured something's just off a bit. The rest of the knife "seems right". Since they DID make them, I wonder where they all are(?). Sure don't see many!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

if im not mistaken they were only made 1 time and that run was 300 pieces .
thom

Post by thom »

You found another rare one. Congrats, looks great.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:19 am You found another rare one. Congrats, looks great.
Thanks Thom! Though I had my doubts, I knew it wasn't as bad as this one...a certain counterfeit from China...But, I'd be willing to wager, that if I posted the one I got anywhere else, they would direct me to this model and swear it's the same!

thom

Post by thom »

That one is obvious, with the short spring. Wonder if they fire the same. Strange the fake has the Leverletto scribed and the real doesn't.
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

JulesVane wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 1:04 am
METALGOD wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 12:57 am hi JV it is real for sure , AKC did in fact make kriss blade Leverletto's maybe 10 years ago possibly more than 10 years ago , i had bunch at one time , i think they were only made in traditional handle material (blackhorn,blondhorn stag) possibly few in other handles but most were made with standard materials .
Thanks Bernie. I never knew for sure AKC ever made a Kriss Leverletto. I see that brass pivot pin and figured something's just off a bit. The rest of the knife "seems right". Since they DID make them, I wonder where they all are(?). Sure don't see many!
Hey Chris, we now know where 2 of them are. I can't remember how I got it but I do know it was several years back. I've attached pics of it and another one that you don't often see. The "GOM" came from a 1970's - 80's salesman in the Northeast. He said that it was produced in 1979. Both of these are excellent quality that fire hard and quick. The "GOM" stag scales are thick and have shaved ends that blend perfectly into the bolsters.
AKC Leverlock Front View.jpg
AKC Leverlock Front View.jpg (45.12 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
GOM Front view.jpg
GOM Front view.jpg (53.24 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
GOM & AKC Leverlock Closed View.jpg
GOM & AKC Leverlock Closed View.jpg (45.91 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
GOM & AKC Leverlock Tang Stamp.jpg
GOM & AKC Leverlock Tang Stamp.jpg (67.51 KiB) Viewed 3892 times
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The GOM are nice
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

9" in box, knives 1688.com. $36
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks for the replies to all! I'm happy that they are legit and really surprised I haven't seen more available (or, even not available). Chris51P, thanks for showing your stag model kriss. That's sweet and gives me another to search for. Taz, I did look on that site and for $36, I'm sure an egg roll and fortune cookie must be included! lol

Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

TazmanTom wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:48 pm 9" in box, knives 1688.com. $36
There isn't one genuine knife on that site.
All Chinese counterfeit junk.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
thom

Post by thom »

I'm afraid to even go to that site. :twisted:
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

one of my edc is a Leverletto,and a SAK,Tommy if you see this ,some year's back you found some fake akc knives at the Mystic knife show,and you kindly showed the seller,and he took them off his table for sale,you da man.
john

Post by john »

Hi Chris,
After I saw my first one I was hoping I’d run into one at some point, but I haven’t yet. I think Natchetly has one too.
The GOM has no S guard/ears. I may be mistaken but that’s not a leverletto. Nevertheless, it’s a beautiful knife. I have several GOM’s they are very well-made.
Congratulations on your new knife.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed