Please post your knives

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Snickers

Re: Please post your knives

Post by Snickers »

tr4252 wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 3:58 pm p.s. How did you make your avatar so big?
I don't know. I added it and there it is. 8)

Your knives are gorgeous designs and I want one. I find it hard to believe they weren't commercial success even for CNC made.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Thanks again.

Ultimately, I think this endeavor failed because I enjoyed doing it so much that I lost track of treating it like a business.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

Make one for me?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Snickers wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 11:04 pm Make one for me?
You may be standing at the back of a long line.
2024 candidate for president
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

LOL ok, thought I'd ask.
sammy the blade

You might do a search and find some the old posts when he was building the knives, pictures too. I found his builds very interesting and I think Jim D got one of them. He had alot of time and some money in the build back then. Won't hurt to ask though.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

tr4252 was simply ahead of his time with those knives.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Tom I remember your knives ! They were great looking !!!!!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Sammy,

Actually I never did. I was planning to but became preoccupied with having to travel to Md. every weekend to clear out the house where we mostly grew up and then sell the house. Coupled with a more than full-time job I was somewhat AWOL for a while. When things finally settled the window of opportunity passed. Great memory on your part.

Jim
sammy the blade

That's to bad Jim, would have been a great one for your collection!
thom

Post by thom »

Those are slick. Love to have one of them if anyone has one to part with. How many were made?
Thom
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I'm very grateful for all the kind words. You may have noticed that I haven't exactly been a constant presence here for a while, though I have continued to look in frequently, and managed to keep my mouth/index fingers shut. This recent interest from you guys has reminded me of the feedback I got from the members here, over the years, more encouraging than I can say.

So, I decided to search the old posts, and catch up a little on what went on back when I first joined this forum. First thing I discovered was that the earlier photos were either gone or obscured by a semi transparent Photobucket blurb. No joy there; I've had 6 or 7 computers since then, and I suspect some of the original stuff was lost. I was making swivel bolsters and picklocks at the time. May be best; early on I made some that didn't satisfy me.

The second shock was from realizing just who I was having these dialogs with. Pushbutton, Teddy, Jerr, Plastered Bastard, Mr. Bigg, The Spotlight kid, Claudster, etc., in addition to the super guys from that era who are still here; Jim, Sammy, Bill...... And of course, third, the realization that 17(ish) years have passed since I joined. That's about a 4.35 span of girl friends, as I measure time.

I got a lot of much needed technical advice, and Pushbutton, the irritable old crotch, even talked to me in plain English about the perils of considering going commercial (as usual, he was right). Bill pointed out the desirability of having a safety, and it started me on a 10 year crusade. (Bill, I eventually came up with something good, built a working wooden model like Sam Colt did when he was out whaling, admired it a while, and put it in a box. I didn't really know what to do next.)

With my favorite photo of my favorite knife, I'll let it go at that. Thanks for listening.

Tom
ST4TEST027-ad.jpg
ST4TEST027-ad.jpg (129.86 KiB) Viewed 2751 times
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
thom

Post by thom »

Tom, Thank you for the informational response. But I still want one!!!
Thom
sammy the blade

I remember those and I thought they were the bomb! One of the best looking stilettos I ever saw and as I remember the materials you used just added to the quality.
Snickers

Post by Snickers »

There you go again... teasing us with the pics! 8)

I want one! I demand that you make me one!! :mrgreen:

and I want the scales like this! :wink: