Problems with jndiana pattada.switchblade

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
rnchesnut

Problems with jndiana pattada.switchblade

Post by rnchesnut »

I just got an jndiana pattada switchblade. When it arrived it was in open position an the button was frozen. I proceeded to oil it and work the blade back and forth. I checked the inside to see for obstructions none. Gradually I got the blade to close and the firing button unfroze and lifted upward as I closed the knife
But I have to put the locking button in closed position to close the knife and then open it to fire. And I have to press several times on the button hard to get it to fire.Seems like a problem with the open/close mechanism? Can anyone HELP me out with this knife. I am hoping it is just a stock piece that has been sitting on shelves for almost 40 years and just needs some oiling and working to bring back to life.. Lastly would oiling the button help. PLEASE REPLY anyone who can give advise. Thanks Rob. Can post a pm or email me at rnchesnut1@gmail.com
sammy the blade

Re: Problems with jndiana pattada.switchblade

Post by sammy the blade »

Send it back for a replacement or refund. Or you could pay for a repair, your choice. Someone may come along and possibly give you some advice on how to fix it. Good luck!
2024 candidate for president
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Those have a real awkward button mechanic that ends up with the blade getting stuck shut (or stuck open or won't stay shut). I would try to return it. But if you got it from a site (and not a member here) that might end up being a nightmare.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Sounds like someone sold you a dud. Be nice knowing who it was if they don't want to make things right. Especially if they charged you top dollar.

We all know how hard you have been trying to get one of these knives. I have been trying hard to track one down for you too, but they seem scarce. Hopefully you can get it fixed or replaced.