Chinese "knockoff" automatic Knives?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JayK

Re: Chinese "knockoff" Cutomatic Knives?

Post by JayK »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:26 pm So, if they are counterfeits-why would you believe any of the markings?
And why would they make a knock-off with premium steel?
exactly

logic always wins!
sammy the blade

Re: Chinese "knockoff" automatic Knives?

Post by sammy the blade »

Those fake AKC knives probably go over good at gun shows but anyone buying them from DHGate know they're fake and if they don't they have alot to learn!
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

These are fine "beater" knives and take a quick edge. Mine came with Bayonet blades and the larger (9.44") knife opens at a lazy pace. The shorter knife opens quickly and is kind of neat. The "Leverletto" etched on the smaller knife angered me. Screwing Bill always irritates me no end.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Screwing anyone irritates me, I'm honest if nothing else.
Fishtail Picklock

I have a copyrighted image. If it is pirated, I tend to seek legal redress. I'm "funny" that way. Honesty and integrity are downright cheap, if not free.

There's no excuse for copyright infringement.
Fishtail Picklock
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I honestly have NO idea, why anyone would go through all that mess with cheap counterfeits when the genuine Leverletto is so well made and at a more than reasonable price.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Fishtail Picklock

JulesVane wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:19 am I honestly have NO idea, why anyone would go through all that mess with cheap counterfeits when the genuine Leverletto is so well made and at a more than reasonable price.

The Leverletto is useful! There really isn't any reason for it not to ride in a hip sheath. Snap it open, perform the desired task, fold it, and put it away. this is why it is made! Nothing screams "use me, I'm here" more than an AKC Leverletto. I have an AKC Cocobolo Slimline that is ever so handy.

The Leverletto and Huburtus clip-point lever lock knives are just so downright convenient!.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

JulesVane wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:19 am I honestly have NO idea, why anyone would go through all that mess with cheap counterfeits when the genuine Leverletto is so well made and at a more than reasonable price.

Money, and I suppose there people gullible enough to think they are the real deal. I bought a couple off bladeplay but they didn't have Bill's name on them. They looked good for less than 20 bux and they worked and sharpened up pretty good. I threw them in the box and a few months later I went to get one out and it wouldn't open. Kick spring broke sitting in a box, worked fine when I put it in the box. I have a real one and side by side there is no comparison except for the basic design. Get what you pay for.