The "Saint "switchblade

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
gravknife

The "Saint "switchblade

Post by gravknife »

Hello to all here at TB

I was watching "The Saint" 1997 starring Val Kilmer, and there is a part where he is disguised as an artist where he pulls a strange switchblade ,it looks to have a ring pull and a hole in the blade ,sort of a leverlock but different....never seen its like .

I think its been mentioned here in the "Switchblades in the Movies" thread but can't find a picture .I took a still shot from my tele ,but cant downsize it and then found a pic of it whilst searching around .

Has anyone got one of these interesting knives or is this knife a special production knife for the film?

I'll wager it has already been covered but it sure is an interesting movie switchblade .I would like to know more about it if anyone has info.

Hope everyone is well and that someone can enlighten me.

gravknife
Attachments
download.jpeg
download.jpeg (6.63 KiB) Viewed 2474 times
JulesVane

Re: The "Saint "switchblade

Post by JulesVane »

Hi Ian. Let’s see if I can post this link successfully
https://youtu.be/A3JqOhgybGs

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Chris

You are a" Saint" :)

I have seen this film many times but my eyes are now attuned to anything that is Auto,and so are my wifes...she has began pointing them out aswell and hitting pause and slow rewind for an ID of the switchblade that pops up....its good to keep them onside with switchblades. :)

I didn't know it opened like that,sort of James Bond gadgetesque item , and now I can see the ring clearly ...on the knifes short film time I thought it may be a ringpull.

In the film it definitely seemed to fire open unlike the manual opener shown here.

Thanks for the link and taking a look mate....sometimes with these you just have to know more.
Take care

Ian
Last edited by gravknife on Mon May 27, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Was it depicted as an auto in the movie Ian? The short video appears to show it as a manual and, apparently, produced in Hollywood CA.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Sorry Chris...just added that above in my post.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

there must have been a 100 of these made, because it has 100 uses thru the movie.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Very cool 😎