New Mago (of Italy) OTF Knives.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Re: New Mago (of Italy) OTF Knives.

Post by thom »

Has anyone bought one yet? Tell us what you think, thumbs up or down.
Thom
Woolly Caterpillar

Post by Woolly Caterpillar »

It may be a decent knife but I just cannot support the bogus markings. Even the website's description shows Italy as the country of origin.
Former7051

Post by Former7051 »

thom wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:43 pm Has anyone bought one yet? Tell us what you think, thumbs up or down.
Thom
They are pretty cool for the price.
thom

Post by thom »

I finally decided to buy one, and they are sold out. Anyone have an extra??
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

thom wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:04 pm I finally decided to buy one, and they are sold out. Anyone have an extra??
Thom: If you go to Grindworx, you can pick up an 11" model with wood scales for $94.00.

I hope that this helps.
Fishtail Picklock
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

DH gate has them for $39.98 free shipping it will take about three weeks to arrive though .buy one you will like it . https://www.dhgate.com/product/top-qual ... 1537439452
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks, Just ordered one from dhgate. Got my fingers crossed. Don't mind risking the $39. Last time I ordered from them, mysteriously my credit card was hacked.
Thom
Burned once shame on you. Burned twice shame on me. This is my second order, nervous!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

thom wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:43 pm Thanks, Just ordered one from dhgate. Got my fingers crossed. Don't mind risking the $39. Last time I ordered from them, mysteriously my credit card was hacked.
Thom
Burned once shame on you. Burned twice shame on me. This is my second order, nervous!

I would be too.
2024 candidate for president
wicollector

Post by wicollector »

I've ordered lots of cheap knives off DH gate and have never had a problem . Oh I take that back I ordered one of those OTF knuckles knives and was sent the wrong item but got a refund within a day after I turned in my return claim .
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

thom wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:43 pm Thanks, Just ordered one from dhgate. Got my fingers crossed. Don't mind risking the $39. Last time I ordered from them, mysteriously my credit card was hacked.
Thom
I pray that It is okay because I bit too. $39.98 didn't seem too steep. If you are correct, it should be a fun "bit of kit". :|

The wait begins.
Fishtail Picklock
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Hey guys! I logged in here specifically to see if these otfs were being discussed. I received one in the mail today shipped direct from China. They are most definitely Chinese. However, they are affordable and really neat! I can confirm they are solidly built and the action is great. My only complaint is the proportions are a bit off on the 9" model because the handle is large to fit the mechanism inside. The one I have is a nine inch model but they are also making 11" and 13" models. I ordered an 11" to be shipped shortly. I think the proportions will be better on the larger ones.

Edit: oh btw I got mine form dhgate also. Took a couple weeks to get to me. I order off DHGate all the time because the knives are so affordable and many are surprisingly well built. I've not been burned even once. Just have to be sure to stay away from the counterfeits because like Bill mentioned they slap American name brand logos on their products without a second thought.

Btw, the ones on DHGate do not have any branding on them, do not say made in Italy anywhere that I can find.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Woolly Caterpillar

Post by Woolly Caterpillar »

Thom
Before I joined this forum, I ordered from he who shall not be named. My credit card was hacked as well. It seems to be not that unusual with certain sources.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

BTB they have 13" ones??? Only saw 9" and 11"
thom

Post by thom »

Did not see the 13's. If you have a link, please post here.