Bladebid Whats with this place?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BruceS

Bladebid Whats with this place?

Post by BruceS »

Is Blade Bid legit? I've registered there 2 attempts, nothing from them at all. Been over a week on each attempt. Any experience with them. Thanks so much.

Bruce
sammy the blade

Re: Bladebid Whats with this place?

Post by sammy the blade »

Have you tried to bid on anything yet! Not much happening on any knife auction i know of. Us old timers miss the old blade auction days. That's when knife auctions rocked!
2024 candidate for president
BruceS

Post by BruceS »

Sammy,
I can't even register to begin making a bid. Its' crazy!

Don't bring up the old days. My dad still thinks 1911'a are worth $45.......

Bruce
Roccomo

Post by Roccomo »

sammy the blade wrote: Us old timers miss the old blade auction days. That's when knife auctions rocked!
Blade Auction was the best.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

I haven't been able to register there either. no confirmation email... but luckily I've been able to just work out transactions with the sellers via email (this is not discouraged there like it is on sharperdeals).
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
BruceS

Post by BruceS »

I went crazy like a kid in a candy store at Sharperdeals and got some really bad knives. One of them I just gave to a delivery guy as a gift($75). It was the replacement for the first jacked up knife. 2nd terrible quality as well. Complete junk and misleading. Like I'm being sold the culls. Figured I would give bladebid a chance. Bernie sells there and he has been great to deal with(except his e-mail addy does't accept replies). Bernie must be using Hillarys web server!

Bruce
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

bernie is a regular poster here.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

BruceS wrote:I went crazy like a kid in a candy store at Sharperdeals and got some really bad knives. One of them I just gave to a delivery guy as a gift($75). It was the replacement for the first jacked up knife. 2nd terrible quality as well. Complete junk and misleading. Like I'm being sold the culls. Figured I would give bladebid a chance. Bernie sells there and he has been great to deal with(except his e-mail addy does't accept replies). Bernie must be using Hillarys web server!

Bruce

Send him a pm from this site, he'll get it.
sammy the blade

BruceS wrote:Sammy,
I can't even register to begin making a bid. Its' crazy!

Don't bring up the old days. My dad still thinks 1911'a are worth $45.......

Bruce
They are worth much more than $45. There are only a few sellers on blade bid and they are members here, send them a pm on this site and they will get it. If your fairly new they might not want to sell to you or maybe they will. Once people get to know you here you'll have better luck. Lotsa crooks on the net just waiting to rip someone off. Stick around, ask questions and get your posts up, but the important thing is to have fun and don't end up selling your house to buy more knives.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

BruceS wrote:I went crazy like a kid in a candy store at Sharperdeals and got some really bad knives. One of them I just gave to a delivery guy as a gift($75). It was the replacement for the first jacked up knife. 2nd terrible quality as well. Complete junk and misleading. Like I'm being sold the culls. Figured I would give bladebid a chance. Bernie sells there and he has been great to deal with(except his e-mail addy does't accept replies). Bernie must be using Hillarys web server!

Bruce
Where did you get the bad knives? From the sharperdeals web store or from the sharperdeals auction site?
BruceS

Post by BruceS »

Auction. I didn't even know there was a web store.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

BruceS wrote:Auction. I didn't even know there was a web store.
http://www.sharperdeal.biz/sales/

Who did you get the crap knives from on the auction?
BruceS

Post by BruceS »

From a Sharperdeal auction.
sammy the blade

Who were the sellers you got the junk knives from?
BruceS

Post by BruceS »

Here is the knife. This was the first one. I didn't photo the 2nd or pursue a replacement. Cut my losses and gave the knife away. On this one pictured, the Blade pin was actually at an angle, The second knife, the replacement, you could see the brass liners as viewed from the side as the front bolsters were so out of position. Similar to the one pictures but not this far out of tolerance. Am I missing something here is this normal workmanship?

Bruce
Attachments
DMR_Stag.jpg
DMR_Stag.jpg (24.69 KiB) Viewed 4860 times