Bladebid Whats with this place?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Bladebid Whats with this place?

Post by Bill DeShivs »

But, WHO did you buy them from?
You are making it sound like SharperDeals is selling substandard merchandise.
You do know how auctions work, don't you?
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

BruceS wrote:Am I missing something here is this normal workmanship?
It's been well established that some of the guys in Maniago could do better with their quality control, and that's another issue in itself, but reputable dealers should be separating out any duds and not dumping them on fellow collectors - so in this case I would say that perhaps this was a lemon that the seller should have caught and not listed, but nobody is perfect... and then again you did mention that you didn't even seek a replacement, so, assuming they might have made things right, is it completely their fault at this point? In any case, the auction site itself can't be blamed here... they just facilitate the auctions.

If you're going to collect handmade Italian stilettos, be prepared to get a few duds, but be aware that there's a lot of good sellers who will be willing to help make things right if you're willing to put in the effort to contact them, mail the piece back, ect...

Some of my nicer pieces came from exchanges or sellers who's pieces I had to return before.

It's what you make of it. More or less.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

BladeBid won't let me register either. They have said they sent me email confirmations a zillion times. Never got one. I just contact Bernie if there's something he's got there.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
BruceS

Post by BruceS »

Luke_of_Mass wrote:
BruceS wrote:Am I missing something here is this normal workmanship?
.. and then again you did mention that you didn't even seek a replacement, so, assuming they might have made things right, is it completely their fault at this point?

I sent this knife back and the replacement had the same issue. So I received 2 knives from the same seller, both poor quality. The knife was pictured from the left side an angle not exposing the faults. The faults of the knife turned knives was not identified in the auction.

And yes Bill, I know how an auction works.

Bruce
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I would sure like to know the name of the seller so I can avoid him.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

:P
fastr19 wrote:I would sure like to know the name of the seller so I can avoid him.

I think we all would!
2024 candidate for president
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

BruceS wrote: I sent this knife back and the replacement had the same issue. So I received 2 knives from the same seller, both poor quality. The knife was pictured from the left side an angle not exposing the faults. The faults of the knife turned knives was not identified in the auction.
I must have misread, then. So, with that having been said, please do as everybody else is requesting and disclose the seller's name or at least their sharperdeal store's handle...
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Hey guys bladebid.com is legit its probably one of the oldest knife auctions still around, right after blade auction got shut down Rich Bolton started http://www.bladebid.com , i myself was invited by Rich personally so i have been a seller there since day 1 back in 2001, its been up and running for 16 years now and best of all NO FEES period, no greedy owners getting mad because you did a sale outside the auction using their site lol . this site is super cool the best in my opinion as there are no fees at all for buyers or sellers, no greedy owners trying to capitalize on your sales . it is cool how bladebid has been up and running for 16 years and charges no fees what so ever for anything , i always wondered why other sites cant do it just must not have the means or knowledge or is just plain greedy lol , if bladebid can do it so can others but guarantee it will never happen lol.

i am going to talk to Rich personally very soon and get everything taken care of , if possible i will be running the site signing people up getting people registered etc... going to see if he will let me manage the site . wish me luck :)
Last edited by METALGOD on Fri May 26, 2017 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
sammy the blade

Good luck! They need some sellers there, anyone but Tizzybee! There were a lot of sellers on BA and I wonder what happened to everyone. Personally I don't have a problem with people selling cheap knives as long as the listing isn't misleading. Pretty much how I got started and there are some nice cheap knives out there.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

METALGOD wrote:Hey guys bladebid.com is legit its probably one of the oldest knife auctions still around, right after blade auction got shut down Rich Bolton started http://www.bladebid.com , i myself was invited by Rich personally so i have been a seller there since day 1 back in 2001, its been up and running for 16 years now and best of all NO FEES period, no greedy owners getting mad because you did a sale outside the auction using their site lol . this site is super cool the best in my opinion as there are no fees at all for buyers or sellers, no greedy owners trying to capitalize on your sales . it is cool how bladebid has been up and running for 16 years and charges no fees what so ever for anything , i always wondered why sharperdeal cant do it just must not have the means or knowledge or is just plain greedy lol , if bladebid can do it so can SD but guarantee it will never happen lol.

i am going to talk to Rich personally very soon and get everything taken care of , if possible i will be running the site signing people up getting people registered etc... going to see if he will let me manage the site . wish me luck :)
A vicious totallly unnecessary post!
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

sammy the blade wrote:Good luck! They need some sellers there, anyone but Tizzybee! There were a lot of sellers on BA and I wonder what happened to everyone. Personally I don't have a problem with people selling cheap knives as long as the listing isn't misleading. Pretty much how I got started and there are some nice cheap knives out there.
tizzybee wow havent heard that name in years lol. im pretty sure Rich (owner of bladebid) was a seller on the old blade auction but after BA got shut down he started bladebid.com on his own and has been up an running ever since.
omega

Post by omega »

fastr19 wrote:
METALGOD wrote:Hey guys bladebid.com is legit its probably one of the oldest knife auctions still around, right after blade auction got shut down Rich Bolton started http://www.bladebid.com , i myself was invited by Rich personally so i have been a seller there since day 1 back in 2001, its been up and running for 16 years now and best of all NO FEES period, no greedy owners getting mad because you did a sale outside the auction using their site lol . this site is super cool the best in my opinion as there are no fees at all for buyers or sellers, no greedy owners trying to capitalize on your sales . it is cool how bladebid has been up and running for 16 years and charges no fees what so ever for anything , i always wondered why sharperdeal cant do it just must not have the means or knowledge or is just plain greedy lol , if bladebid can do it so can SD but guarantee it will never happen lol.

A vicious totallly unnecessary post!
Hmmm. Did I miss something here, or has there been an edit?

What exactly was "Vicious and totally unnecessary?
sammy the blade

I see Tanto is no longer listing there. There isn't much on Sharperdeal either, looks like a bunch of people lost interest in knives in the last 15 years. Bladeauction used to be the place and I really don't understand why the other auction sites haven't done as well.
omega

Post by omega »

sammy the blade wrote:I see Tanto is no longer listing there. There isn't much on Sharperdeal either, looks like a bunch of people lost interest in knives in the last 15 years. Bladeauction used to be the place and I really don't understand why the other auction sites haven't done as well.
Oh, I don't think there has been a decrease in interest since BA. With many states relaxing their laws, there are MANY more online retail sites now selling autos. Back in the pre-2005 days of BA, autos were viewed as forbidden fruit by many. Back then, BA seemed to be the focal point for the knives one couldn't find elsewhere.

Even though the 1958 Federal Switchblade Act remains in force, I suspect that enforcement of it only gets a wink and a nod these days. There simply aren't the reports of federal seizures like we had back then.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Is BladeBid working correctly? Says 47 autos for sale, but only showing 24 with no option to go to a second page...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)