I just ordered a Ganzo G719 SS Folding knife (auto)

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Re: I just ordered a Ganzo G719 SS Folding knife (auto)

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Mine came in the morning mail. Great knife! I haven't been this impressed in quite some time! Smooth action (I got a good one). This knife is fat better than I had hoped. This unit is, in a phrase, "all that and a bag of chips"! To anyone that thinks that these are "Chinese Junk"... think again! For the money, these knives are exceptional!

Order one. You'll be glad you did! 8) :mrgreen:
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Go to http://www.fastech.com and look carefully for the Ganzo. Buy one, then tell me what you think. Bill DeShivs thought enough to buy one for Debbie's heavy use. This knife is built to both "dish it out" and "take it" as well.

Beat that for the price.
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I now have 8 ganzos and am a very happy camper!
2024 candidate for president
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I have a half-dozen Ganzos.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
sammy the blade

Powercutlery.com has them for cheap and shipping is $2.90. They told me that they weren't ordering autos anymore but that may change. The autos are selling out
So if you want any better get them. They qualify for the good ones list on my opinion.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

They are making models with safeties now.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
sammy the blade

Bill DeShivs wrote:They are making models with safeties now.
They sure are and they are pretty nice too although the purple is kinda funky looking. The orange look good though, power cutlery is out though. I'd rate the quality with the boker kals but the safety is better than what used to come on the kals. Bill, the last time I checked out dhgate they had microtec leverlettos, you've been robbed again, they sure are sneeky!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Damn that Microtec!
DHgate actually promotes counterfeiting.
bigfatross

Post by bigfatross »

Hi Gang,
We had a post on this about a year ago, I have been carrying a G721 every day now. GREAT Knife I don't let it get to dull I give it a couple of stroke on ceramic rods once a week if I used it a lot. It holds a edge pretty good and I can get it razor sharp.

The only bitch I have about it is, it is a heavy knife to carry but I associate hefty with quality, and if I loose or break it, it's only $13.00 as apposed to a $50.00- 9 inch Italian. I have gotten used to the pocket clip holding the knife in the "UP" position and can draw and deploy the blade just as fast as if it was in the "DOWN" position. The whole year I have carried it I have had no accidental openings in my pocket due to it not having a safety, I really don't think it needs one.

If you are interested in the old post you can do a search for "GEARBEST.com" or go to viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23853&hilit=GEARBEST
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

OK, now you guys have ME looking for one! lol. The G719 and G721 have been mentioned here. There are so many models to choose from. Lots (most?) U.S. places are out of stock on the 2 mentioned. Looks like waiting on that "slow boat" may be the only option. The G719 looks pretty sharp in black. I'm looking...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I decided to go seek click-therapy from the China Division of Latama Cutlery lol...Got this "Super Knife" for $25. Seems like a nice little 8" knife for $25, plus Walt threw in some Quick Release Oil (which was VERY nice). Since all the Italians I've collected sleep under glass, I figured I could play with this one...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
john

Post by john »

I liked the knife so much I bought two more I gave one to a friend. The other two: one I use I my garden pruning, cutting string, etc. and it's been very reliable, the other is in my kitchen drawer preforming odd jobs.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Jayronife

Post by Jayronife »

Hi Guys,

My one more lovely knife, it`s Ganzo classic model f753m1

I bought it several years ago and it still works good, the blade is sharp and convenient. Hovewer I have other more expensive knives by Benchemade and ontario, but rhi one I use often for the work

It was bought on amazon ,seems to be following store
https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/1615 ... ageIndex=2
sammy the blade

Ganzos makes some nice auto's too!
john

Post by john »

I have two Ganzo auto knives. I paid around $20.00 each and they are two of my favorite work knives. They were inexpensive but to replace them I’m sure would cost much more than $20 each. So even though they were low priced I treat them with respect.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed