BladePlay CS

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

BladePlay CS

Post by JerrBear »

I purchased a couple of Rumbles from BladePlay a couple of weeks ago. They were both extremely stiff and difficult to operate. One was manageable (barely), the other was a "two hander." These are #9 & #10 Rumbles I have purchased from them, so I know how they are supposed to operate...

I emailed BladePlay and told them about it. Shaun told me sometimes they are that way and advised me to put some lubricant under the button. I did that and worked it over the week-end. It did not help...

I contacted them again and Josh responded and sent me a self-addressed, postage paid label (via email attachment) to attach to the return package. Less than a week after they received the return I received a replacement knife that works perfectly. I couldn't be more pleased.

There is a REASON these guys are onna "Good Ones List."
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
krakenten

Re: BladePlay CS

Post by krakenten »

The Blade Play crew has always been good to me.

Just to be a pain, I always drop a wee bit of graphite powder down the blade slot of a new OTF, or a quick squeeze of Dri-Slide, followed by a bunch of quick flicks in and out, this usually frees the action and prevents sticking in the future.

I have several Rumble knives, and never a problem.

Sure wish they'd come in natural brass and wing-walk, so the grip would be more secure, that abalone acrylic is just too gaudy.

The video of a Rumble being hammered through a particle board door sold me on Rumbles, though a similar test on a Lightning was none too shabby.
Life has no value, Death has a price
ToneGrail

Post by ToneGrail »

I have to second that. Josh did the same for me when I got a Beltrame that wouldn't open. I also ordered a replacement coil spring for my Boker but they sent me the wrong one. Josh ended up sending me two of the correct size for my trouble. His service is nothing short of stellar.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

JerrBear wrote:I purchased a couple of Rumbles from BladePlay a couple of weeks ago. They were both extremely stiff and difficult to operate. One was manageable (barely), the other was a "two hander."

Was it a two-hander for both opening and closing or just for closing?

At first when I got mine, I thought it was a two-hander but then I noticed in Bladeplay's video, if you adjust your grip just a little biut, you can pull it down with the middle of your thumb. That way, you're not pushing the button in as your pushing it down, you're only pushing down. You can see this at 1:40 in their video:
http://www.bladeplay.com/item--Rumble-D ... lack--7619

Or was it too stiff to even do that?
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

JerrBear wrote: I purchased a couple of Rumbles from BladePlay a couple of weeks ago. They were both extremely stiff and difficult to operate. One was manageable (barely), the other was a "two hander."
JimBrown257 wrote: Was it a two-hander for both opening and closing or just for closing?
Mr. JimBrown,

BOTH!
JerrBear
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

JerrBear wrote:
JimBrown257 wrote: Was it a two-hander for both opening and closing or just for closing?
Mr. JimBrown,

BOTH!

Dang, that's gotta leave some blisters.
john

Post by john »

Their ad reads:

Please Note: The Rumble has some minor imperfections and may come off track occasionally. Also, this knife has a stiff firing button, so you may need to use two hands!

This disclaimer is in red.

It's still a cool knife. If take a chance on one.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
SRD115

Post by SRD115 »

Their shipping is faster than greased lightening as well. I had my last order from them in 4 days.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

john wrote:Their ad reads:

Please Note: The Rumble has some minor imperfections and may come off track occasionally. Also, this knife has a stiff firing button, so you may need to use two hands!

This disclaimer is in red.
There was NO disclaimer (red or otherwise) on their website when I ordered mine.

I own TEN of them and the onliest ones with any problems were the last two I purchased with the black friction handles...
JerrBear
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

That disclaimer must be new; it wasn't there when I ordered my Rumble a few months ago. I noticed a disclaimer on another blade I ordered at that same time but there wasn't one with the Rumble. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with my Rumble; I'm just saying that disclaimer wasn't there at the time. It must be a new disclaimer.

And it's actually a testament to the good business practiced by BladePlay. Some people might see that and think "BladePlay must have inferior knives to (other company) because (other company) doesn't say anything about stiff buttons or imperfections!" Of course, they aren't realizing that the disclaimer is there because BladePlay is being honest and that (other company) isn't; BladePlay must have heard that some of their latest Rumbles have this issue and they made sure to be honest with their customers. (Other company) just lets you buy a bad one and then says "suck it!" when you complain.

Btw, when I say (Other company), I am not refering to or hinting at any other specific online seller. I am just using a hypothetical company that does not care about their customers as much as BladePlay.
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

I have ALWAYS like BladePlay! Good service.
Belmont800
lamppa

Post by lamppa »

I have never ordered from them, but they look pretty cool.