Vintage Italian Switchblade Identification

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jamese

Re: Vintage Italian Switchblade Identification

Post by jamese »

im new at this so please bare with me. i also have a for sure i believe vintage 13in. stiletto. the only inscription on the knife visible is Made Italy on the tang .it has some i guess its called petina on the blade , its not a switchblade . im sure its real staghorn i guess, but overall the knife is in decent condition. im trying to see how to send pics of it, ive been trying real hard to find out all an anything possible about this knife . can someone please help me along. THX for your time please respond,waiting. James E.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Hi jamese, welcome to the forum, pics would be a big help with the identification if you can find a way to post them, there are several members here that are very good at that, sad to say i'm not one of them. :oops:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I won one back in 2001 or so on bladeauction, Stu had it and I paid $35 for it. Seems like it was stamped inox but don't remember for sure. You didn't see alot of faux stag for some reason or another. It's defiantly Italian!
Last edited by sammy the blade on Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
2024 candidate for president
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

jamese wrote: Sun May 07, 2017 4:31 pm im new at this so please bare with me. i also have a for sure i believe vintage 13in. stiletto. the only inscription on the knife visible is Made Italy on the tang .it has some i guess its called petina on the blade , its not a switchblade . im sure its real staghorn i guess, but overall the knife is in decent condition. im trying to see how to send pics of it, ive been trying real hard to find out all an anything possible about this knife . can someone please help me along. THX for your time please respond,waiting. James E.
Sorry i won't "BARE"with you-but i just might pet-Tina!!!
JayK

Post by JayK »

FreeTheArmy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:11 pm
As long as you didn't pay out the arse for it, no one ought to lose any teeth over the matter. :wink:
The faux stag is rare but only raises value if someone is trying to find a stiletto of each scaling.
Try not to think of "future value", and go only for what really turns your knobs :idea:
Glad you're happy with it :!: 8)
This ^

Too many people are caught up on numbers, paid $99 so I gotta get $100 ! Maybe they don't have any retirement benefits or 401k but to me a few dollars one way or the other doesn't matter if its a knife I like.

I collect what I like. Not what I can resell at a profit.