New full size SA/OTF from ProTech

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
horizonod

New full size SA/OTF from ProTech

Post by horizonod »

Only have this pic and description that Dave sent. The real deal should be here today so I'll get some more detailed pics up later.

“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
BTB0923

Re: New full size SA/OTF from ProTech

Post by BTB0923 »

Have they managed to match the quality of their side-opening autos with an otf? Inquiring minds would like to know 8)

Here's a prototype up for sale already (click and scroll down for a bigger pic)...

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/forums/showt ... ech-Protos.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
monstro

Post by monstro »

I assume the DA OTF they were talking about is pretty much on indefinite hold?
john

Post by john »

Looks awesome very nice design :!:
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

The protos are in stainless frames so I'm sure they wll be VERY solid. The production run is going to be 6061 T6. We should have ours in hand by Tuesday. I can't wait to get one in my hand. :lol:
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

I got to play with the photo here at Blade Show. Big and solid with excellent snap. Photo doesn't have a safety but the production model is supposed to have one.
The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
markIII

Post by markIII »

Cannot wait for the production model any eta on that?
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

I like OTFs except SA ones. Doesn't make sense to me. Like taking a step backwards. What's the point?
markIII

Post by markIII »

jimbeam wrote:I like OTFs except SA ones. Doesn't make sense to me. Like taking a step backwards. What's the point?
Actually I prefer the single action design. Much tighter lockup cuts down on the blade play. And to me anyway much more reliable than a double action. If its anything like my Halo its worth the extra motions for these advantages.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Yes, and they open faster and with more force.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I bought one of the stainless prototypes. Picture a cupid only in stainless and a lot smoother. They are as tight as a fixed blade and just a picture of pure beauty, simplicity to the nth degree. There were 25 stainless and 25 aluminum at Blade and they went very quickly. It won most innovative at the show along the the Microtech SF. I love this knife. The aluminum's had safeties the stainless did not.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Here are a couple of pics.
Well a couple plus two. lol
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

How about a video?
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Very nice 8) Thanks for the better pics.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

dark2023 wrote:How about a video?
You'll have to wait for Nick to do that. I'm not that smart. It takes all my brain cells just to post a picture. I guarantee if you touch one you'll love it. Typical Protech quality.