Movie Switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dark2023

Re: Movie Switchblades

Post by dark2023 »

So the Benchmade 42s are listed for Kick-ass, but there is also a switchblade used by some gangster early on in the film. (the gas station fight scene)

Also, did I mention spotting an OTF in Gorky Park.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

dark2023 wrote:So the Benchmade 42s are listed for Kick-ass, but there is also a switchblade used by some gangster early on in the film. (the gas station fight scene).
I covered that in the original post. It may or may not be an automatic. There is also a stiletto in another fight scene...

(I can't link it because I'm at work, but if you search for the word kick in the search box top left you should be able to find it pretty easily)
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I watched a pretty cool new movie tonight...Drive Angry starring Nicholas Cage. The guy who plays the Accountant (William Fichtner) uses a black OTF in a couple scenes.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

HERES A COUPLE

born wild-rizzy
loveless( willem defoe)- classic stiletto and a red handel guardless, playing in between with them

breakout kings last sunday-otf
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

I see that their is a NATO OTF listed as being in Scarface (the 80's version), but there is also a swinguard that was apparently missed. It can be seen at about 2:26:00, it's on the table (left side, open). This is the scene near the end where Tony decides to snort a ton of cocaine and sulk.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
markIII

Post by markIII »

I was watching the burn notice episode "question & answer". And the kidnapper brandished a leverlock of somekind. Not confident enough to say it was a leverletto but that was my first thought when I saw the handle.
sharpedge

Post by sharpedge »

Here are a few more:

Goofy actually had one while fishing (ice Fishing I believe) in what had to be a 1940's or earlier cartoon...it looked to be like a Press Button, button in the bolster...I believe it was posted in the Switchblade Forum several years ago,bu I could be wrong about that.

Also, if anyone remembers the Bowery Boys that played on TV in the early to mid 60's...there was a scene where Sach has met up in a room with a New York Hood who draws a swing guard from his inside left pocket of his suitcoat and cuts Sach's tie off...wish I had a copy of that episode...also, I thought swing guards were a little later than what is likely portrayed as the late 1940's.

Everyone forgot the The Grinch that Stole Christmas where Jim Carey has a 13" Kriss Stag that he cuts the turkey with. I believe it was 2003 or later...but not later than 2005.

Lawrence Fishburn had a 11" open black handled switch that he operated with his left hand...I can't remember the name of the movie, however, it was portraying the 1920's or 30's and Fishburn had just got out of jail...New York if I remember correctly..I wish I could remember the name of the movie.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

sharpedge wrote:Here are a few more:

Goofy actually had one while fishing (ice Fishing I believe) in what had to be a 1940's or earlier cartoon...it looked to be like a Press Button, button in the bolster...I believe it was posted in the Switchblade Forum several years ago,bu I could be wrong about that.

Also, if anyone remembers the Bowery Boys that played on TV in the early to mid 60's...there was a scene where Sach has met up in a room with a New York Hood who draws a swing guard from his inside left pocket of his suitcoat and cuts Sach's tie off...wish I had a copy of that episode...also, I thought swing guards were a little later than what is likely portrayed as the late 1940's.

Everyone forgot the The Grinch that Stole Christmas where Jim Carey has a 13" Kriss Stag that he cuts the turkey with. I believe it was 2003 or later...but not later than 2005.

Lawrence Fishburn had a 11" open black handled switch that he operated with his left hand...I can't remember the name of the movie, however, it was portraying the 1920's or 30's and Fishburn had just got out of jail...New York if I remember correctly..I wish I could remember the name of the movie.

HOODLUM
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

sharpedge wrote:Everyone forgot the The Grinch that Stole Christmas where Jim Carey has a 13" Kriss Stag that he cuts the turkey with. I believe it was 2003 or later...but not later than 2005.
No, I got that one...

http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... ch#p194049
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

sharpedge wrote:Goofy actually had one while fishing (ice Fishing I believe) in what had to be a 1940's or earlier cartoon...it looked to be like a Press Button, button in the bolster...I believe it was posted in the Switchblade Forum several years ago,bu I could be wrong about that.
8) Mickey Cartoons - On Ice (Sept. 28, 1935)...

BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

In season 1 episode 2 of the show American Chopper the owner of the shop uses some kind of tactical auto side-opener to open a box. It's hard to see what kind it is in these stills though...

whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I watched one the other night called Bloodworth starring Kris Kristofferson . Dwight Yoakem gets stuck with what looks like a 11 inch stiletto. Unfortunately it was in one of the deleted scenes.
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

Goofy with a switch and a tobacco plug... this thread has come full circle...or something :)

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Judging by the dual liners Goofy had the very rare two bladed Robert Klaas(Kissing Cranes w/nail nick) "Camp King" made in Germany.
With all his money he could afford the very best. :lol:

Couldn't make out the tang stamp though. 8)
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

Viking45 wrote:Judging by the dual liners Goofy had the very rare two bladed Robert Klaas(Kissing Cranes w/nail nick) "Camp King" made in Germany.
With all his money he could afford the very best. :lol:

Couldn't make out the tang stamp though. 8)
like (thumbs up :))

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze