Responsabilities- Manufacturer / distributor / dealer

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!

Who bares ULTIMATELY Responsibilty for poor quality in Italian knives?

Italian Knives don't need improvement.
No votes
Manufacturer in Maniago.
90%
Stateside Distributor.
3%
Dealer.
8%
End User.
No votes

Total votes: 40

Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Responsabilities- Manufacturer / distributor / dealer

Post by Bill DeShivs »

whippersnapper wrote:
Bill DeShivs wrote:Some people think I "stole" the design. There is nothing new in the knife business.
It's OK for Michael Walker to patent the "liner lock" (which had been used for 100 years) and be smart enough to get royalties off of every maker and manufacturer in the US, but I modify a design to be better and more saleable, and some of the more "enlightened" here and elsewhere act like I ripped them off!
You know Bill, I'm sure you aren't happy with a few comments made on my forum. That's fine. I will say that I myself have said a few times that the leverletto is a slim line old fashion with ears and nickel silver bolsters+an upgrade in blade steel. You don't seem to like that, but that's what I see. For some reason and the fact that some of us said we would prefer a knife without a makers name across the blade, or a big shiney maddelion on the handle etc. I'm sorry that it bothered you, but I hope you get over it. Nothing was said to intentionally hurt feelings. Just guys sharing opinions. I guess if that isn't good enough for you, I will have to live with being on your shit list.

I mean this when I say it: The Leverletto is the best made Italian knife in it's class. The real genious imo, was getting the Italians to produce it, and do a consistantly good job at.
Tell you what-you or Horizonod design a knife (or even copy one) and put your names on it and see how many you sell.
My name sells knives. I consider it a mark of quality, as do many others. No designer wants anonymity, either-unless he is designing a sub-standard product. In case you haven't figured it out, I don't sell knives-I sell my name on good products.
As far as the Leverletto design- it was designed to use as much existing technology and equipment as was available. That's why the Massaro was the basis. I stated this fact when the knife was introduced. Tooling up for a completely new knife raises prices drastically and increases lead time. But hey, you, Horizonod, and Jerrbear are the real experts. Why am I explaining?
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.