AssistedKnives.com

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
craig321

AssistedKnives.com

Post by craig321 »

Hi,

I'm looking to order some of the knives they have on sale at assistedknives.com - has anybody ever ordered from them. Are they trusted?

Thanks,
Craig.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: AssistedKnives.com

Post by JerrBear »

Greetings and WELCOMENESS, Mr. craig321!

STU711 has TONS of 'em! Bestest prices and he is onna "Good Ones List."

I just ordered four AO's from him a couple of days agoness...
Last edited by JerrBear on Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
grj65

Post by grj65 »

Ordered two sets so far from assistedknives.com, all went very smoothly. Answered every email without delay. Shipping was great, will definitly order from Jo again :D
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

I have never bought anything from him. I've looked at his site, but always found better prices other places.

He does have a lot of videos up showing auto conversion, etc. which I've watched.

I also kind of like his attitude:
http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm/ ... atid/63992
http://www.assistedknife.com/index.cfm/ ... atid/67296
Things made in China are garbage.

Things made in Taiwan are quite good they take pride in their work and most are guaranteed by the factory.

German craftsmanship is pure skill and mechanics.

Italian made is an art form.

Things made in the USA rock the whole world over and shows that you support your fellow Americans and means you hold some pride, you like to have quality, precision, craftsmanship, and excellence because made in the USA ROCKS THAT SHIT.
craig321

Post by craig321 »

grj65 wrote:Ordered two sets so far from assistedknives.com, all went very smoothly. Answered every email without delay. Shipping was great, will definitly order from Jo again :D
He's been very good with answering his emails so far. Did you order through alertpay.com?
JerrBear wrote:Greetings and WELCOMENESS, Mr. craig321!

STU711 has TONS of 'em! Bestest prices and he is onna "Good Ones List."

I just ordered four AO's from him a couple of days agoness...
I will check STU711 out, thanks. I'm guessing STU711 just risk customs rather than modifying the knife so it can be shipped in separate parts like they do at AssistedKnives?
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

craig321 wrote: I'm guessing STU711 just risk customs rather than modifying the knife so it can be shipped in separate parts like they do at AssistedKnives?
Mr. craig321,
You are guessing mos' correctly. I didn't know you weren't inna U.S.
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
craig321

Post by craig321 »

My only problem with the knives sold at assistedknives, especially if I'm going to be spending a fair bit on a decent Italian AKC, is that he customises the knife so the blade and handle can be shipped in separate pieces.

Does he do a good job of it? Is it neat etc?
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

craig321 wrote:My only problem with the knives sold at assistedknives, especially if I'm going to be spending a fair bit on a decent Italian AKC, is that he customises the knife so the blade and handle can be shipped in separate pieces.

:idea: probably factory un-assembled ??
craig321

Post by craig321 »

j.a.c. wrote:
craig321 wrote:My only problem with the knives sold at assistedknives, especially if I'm going to be spending a fair bit on a decent Italian AKC, is that he customises the knife so the blade and handle can be shipped in separate pieces.

:idea: probably factory un-assembled ??
Nope, the ones at assistedknives are modified by the guy that runs it so that the blade can be taken off to be sent separately, he gives videos showing how to re-assemble them. He mentions something about the pivot pin being TORX so it can be adjusted and taken apart.

It'll cost me $100 for the 9" AKC Dark Horn Italian Stiletto - he replaces the blade with a comb for the first shipment, and then sends the blade in a second shipment. $100 isn't too bad for a decent AKC Stiletto though is it? $85 for the knife, $15 for the shipping.

I'm just a little worried about spending $100 on a partially modified AKC. I don't want to be stuck with a quality stiletto that's broken because of the modified pivot pin :P
roadsideimports

Post by roadsideimports »

So I heard you want to know who I am so here it is:

My business I started in 2006 in Scotland because I left the US to go work at an indoor ski/snowboard freezer at Braehead. I didn't like all the bullshit that comes with working for idiots and I left Colorado in the US to get away from it only to find more bullshit. Then I started my own business on ebay that is correct.

I, JB am responsible for taking Paypal and ebay to the California District Attorney so that we as knife lovers can buy and sell Spring Assisted knives or Assisted Knives or Assisted Opening or Torsion Assist or what ever you want to refer them as, on the crappy website known as ebay.com

Yeah that is right I am responsible for two Better Business Bureau Cases that got sent to the California District Attorney and then the jerks at Paypal and ebay saw the light to my madness.

Then I got sick of their crap because they did not like my tactics. They have a keyword spamming clause in their user agreement so that you can not use words to get buyers to see your listing, such as "MP3 player not an iPod" or "iPod like MP3 player" this is not allowed. So "Spring Assisted not switch blade knife" is not allowed. I agree that is fine, so what did I do? I wrote "Switch to a Spring Assisted Knife Blade" so that my the terms show up and ebay.com shit their pants.

Again back to the bullshit that ebay does I beat them at their own game because I can use my brain unlike all the idiots who work at their company period.

I was one of the first to put video content in ebay listings as a whole and the first to put any into knife sales on the shitty site called ebay.com

I took ebay to the BBB for false advertising because they prohibit automatic knife sales but yet they advertise them through Google and Yahoo sponsored links that appear on ebay.com at the bottom of search results, also ebay had sponsored spots to advertise automatic knives in search engine results which both are misleading. I filmed this process and made ebay look like the jerks that they are and now this does not happen anymore.

Yes, the shoppal store is mine that I use the pathetic Paypal service with but like I said I hate ebay and paypal alike.

Yes, I tell people they are being retarded. Yes, I tell them "Never go full retard" Yes, I tell people to not talk about things they have no idea about and deem the comments as "Peanut Gallery Comments" Yes, I talk straight and have no regard for PC bullshit status. I'm a guy damn it and will talk to other guys exactly like I would if you stood next to me in an auto mechanic shop or body shop because I grew up painting cars for a collision shop. Yeah that's right I went to college, attended university because I wanted to get away from shop life. But I still talk to guys like I would in the shop no matter if they are gay or straight because I am a guy and if you talk out your ass then I will call you out period.

I also accept correction and have no issues with people informing me when I am a retard because I have balls and accept when I am wrong.

I do deserve the right to defend myself with stupid insane allegations that are not valid.

I obviously support America, my grandfather's PT boat was the vessel to rescue JFK in the Pacific. Two of my nephews are serving this country one in the Pacific and the other in Iraq, to of my cousins are in Afghanistan so yeah that is why I fly the stars and stripes on my website.

I am Scottish to the core and was born in the UK but I am an American born abroad. That's right I'm a Scottish-American with dual citizenship. That is why St. Andrews flies on my website.

I started my own business to avoid issues of the bullshit corporate world that I don't like and post what people should on their website to deter stupid people from using it because it is wrong to allow people to go through their whole lives as idiots without having someone point this out to them so that they have the option of correcting their behavior.

I am a real person and I do exist and have no problem talking with people who share the same viewpoints.

Then I heard you want to know about my modified Italian Stilettos, I buy high grade US MADE pivots with TORX head screws giving you the ability to adjust the stiletto for bladeplay which is impossible with Rivet Constructed models. Yes, I pay attention when I do my work and if there is an issue then I talk to my clients like a real person.
grj65

Post by grj65 »

I have now made three purchases from JB (and 2 current orders) and have had an excellent service from him. All emails answered promptly, and all items have been shipped fast & secure.

In my experience with purchasing from JB, I have no hesitation in recommending him as a great supplier and when the Aussie dollar makes a comeback against the Greenback (AU$1=US$0.64) I'll definitely be purchasing more items.

Regards
Grj65
smcgee1970

Post by smcgee1970 »

I've visited the forum for a while, but have not posted previously. I just wanted to say that I ordered a CRKT knife from Assisted Knives last Saturday, and received my knife exactly as ordered Wednesday. Really great service. I got what I ordered, and delivery beat my expectations. I'll be ordering more from them in the future.
Phil Elmore

Post by Phil Elmore »

He may offer great service. He's still obnoxious.