Has anyone purchased from....

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
grj65

Has anyone purchased from....

Post by grj65 »

http://www.assistedknife.com (RoadsideImports)? Looking to buy a couple of OTF kits and was wondering if anybody has had any experience?
Cheers.

p.s. Anyone catch the Nascar Nationwide Series at The Glen? Way to go Ambrose!! :D Image
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Has anyone purchased from....

Post by Vagrant »

Their prices seem a little high [compsred to somee on our "good ones" list] :idea:
grj65

Post by grj65 »

Yeah saw that, but being able to but an OTF in "kit" form is a bonus though... :|
blackjack

Post by blackjack »

Some of those pictures look like they were taken from the PVK site.
Take Care
blackjack
'...I'm warning you...if you say Jehovah once more...'
'Women are experts at finding a man's faults and then constantly reminding him of them'
h1942

Post by h1942 »

They do a lot on ebay. Hank
kozak6

Post by kozak6 »

From another forum...
Gollnick wrote:The website in question, assistedknife.com, fails just about every test of legitimacy: it gives no actual person's name, no explaination of ownership, no real e-mail address, no street address, and no phone number.

The domain name was registered about three months ago... and is probably just the latest in a long series of throw-away names used by the owner; register a name, use it for a few months until the name gets a bad rep, then throw it away and pick out a new one. The domain registration gives a yahoo e-mail address, probably another throw-away. The domain registration gives a phone number that's listed to True Mt Zion Holiness Church in Houston, TX. And get this: The registrant's postal address is a vacant, for-sale house in North Haven, CT; you can take a video tour of assistedknife.com via the links below and see if you can see any knives anywhere.

The assistedknife website itself is hosted on a discount web-shopping ISP.

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d...dknife&tld=com
http://www.trulia.com/property/10466...Haven-CT-06473
http://www.revver.com/video/681131/h...ouse-for-sale/
http://www.shoppal.com/
Help, my avatar is broken
grj65

Post by grj65 »

:o Wow, thanks all for the info. Cheers kozak6, you just might've saved me some money :oops:
--J

Post by --J »

What are you Mr Kozak a P.I? Sure do appreciate that info...
roadsideimports

Post by roadsideimports »

What a load of crap!!!!

My business I started in 2006 in Scotland because I left the US to go work at an indoor ski/snowboard freezer at Braehead. I didn't like all the bullshit that comes with working for idiots and I left Colorado in the US to get away from it only to find more bullshit. Then I started my own business on ebay that is correct.

I, JB am responsible for taking Paypal and ebay to the California District Attorney so that we as knife lovers can buy and sell Spring Assisted knives or Assisted Knives or Assisted Opening or Torsion Assist or what ever you want to refer them as, on the crappy website known as ebay.com

Yeah that is right I am responsible for two Better Business Bureau Cases that got sent to the California District Attorney and then the jerks at Paypal and ebay saw the light to my madness.

Then I got sick of their crap because they did not like my tactics. They have a keyword spamming clause in their user agreement so that you can not use words to get buyers to see your listing, such as "MP3 player not an iPod" or "iPod like MP3 player" this is not allowed. So "Spring Assisted not switch blade knife" is not allowed. I agree that is fine, so what did I do? I wrote "Switch to a Spring Assisted Knife Blade" so that my the terms show up and ebay.com shit their pants.

Again back to the bullshit that ebay does I beat them at their own game because I can use my brain unlike all the idiots who work at their company period.

I was one of the first to put video content in ebay listings as a whole and the first to put any into knife sales on the shitty site called ebay.com

I took ebay to the BBB for false advertising because they prohibit automatic knife sales but yet they advertise them through Google and Yahoo sponsored links that appear on ebay.com at the bottom of search results, also ebay had sponsored spots to advertise automatic knives in search engine results which both are misleading. I filmed this process and made ebay look like the jerks that they are and now this does not happen anymore.

Yes, the shoppal store is mine that I use the pathetic Paypal service with but like I said I hate ebay and paypal alike.

Yes, the 75 Bayard house was my family house for over 55 years and when my grandparents died, I came back from Scotland to fix my house and put it on the market where I finally developed my own website and got my own merchant account and gateway and started an official US business to sell goods to law enforcement and military and to all the fishermen and hunters and other citizens all over the planet. So yes, my house was listed for sale, yes you moron the house had the same voice in it that has in the knife videos but none of you took the time to figure that out other than to put a finger like most people do in this pathetic world we live in.

My domains have a domain protector on them now because their are so many lunatics that look things up and don't need access to such information period. My phone number is a Las Vegas number because I use VOIP because I travel around so much so your bullshit notion that it is a church is Texas is preposterous. If you took the time to email me then I would answer questions.

Yes, I tell people they are being retarded. Yes, I tell them "Never go full retard" Yes, I tell people to not talk about things they have no idea about and deem the comments as "Peanut Gallery Comments" Yes, I talk straight and have no regard for PC bullshit status. I'm a guy damn it and will talk to other guys exactly like I would if you stood next to me in an auto mechanic shop or body shop because I grew up painting cars for a collision shop. Yeah that's right I went to college, attended university because I wanted to get away from shop life. But I still talk to guys like I would in the shop no matter if they are gay or straight because I am a guy and if you talk out your ass then I will call you out period.

I also accept correction and have no issues with people informing me when I am a retard because I have balls and accept when I am wrong.

I do deserve the right to defend myself with stupid insane allegations that are not valid.

I obviously support America, my grandfather's PT boat was the vessel to rescue JFK in the Pacific. Two of my nephews are serving this country one in the Pacific and the other in Iraq, to of my cousins are in Afghanistan so yeah that is why I fly the stars and stripes on my website.

I am Scottish to the core and was born in the UK but I am an American born abroad. That's right I'm a Scottish-American with dual citizenship. That is why St. Andrews flies on my website.

I started my own business to avoid issues of the bullshit corporate world that I don't like and post what people should on their website to deter stupid people from using it because it is wrong to allow people to go through their whole lives as idiots without having someone point this out to them so that they have the option of correcting their behavior.

I am a real person and I do exist and have no problem talking with people who share the same viewpoints.
grj65

Post by grj65 »

Update to my original post: :oops:

My initial post was perhaps unsure due to my geographical location, as we often get taken for a ride when ordering items, as well as having absolutely no clue to the industry in the US.

Since the initial post, I made three purchases from JB (and 2 current orders) and have had an excellent service from him. All emails answered promptly, and all items have been shipped fast & secure.

In my experience with purchasing from JB, I have no hesitation in recommending him as a great supplier and when the Aussie dollar makes a comeback against the Greenback (AU$1=US$0.64) I'll definitely be purchasing more items.

Regards
Grj65
navajo jack

Post by navajo jack »

Methinks he doth protesteth too much!!
nj
tyler_rabbit

Post by tyler_rabbit »

roadsideimports wrote:What a load of crap!!!!

My business I started in 2006 in Scotland because I left the US to go work at an indoor ski/snowboard freezer at Braehead. I didn't like all the bullshit that comes with working for idiots and I left Colorado in the US to get away from it only to find more bullshit. Then I started my own business on ebay that is correct.

I, JB am responsible for taking Paypal and ebay to the California District Attorney so that we as knife lovers can buy and sell Spring Assisted knives or Assisted Knives or Assisted Opening or Torsion Assist or what ever you want to refer them as, on the crappy website known as ebay.com

Yeah that is right I am responsible for two Better Business Bureau Cases that got sent to the California District Attorney and then the jerks at Paypal and ebay saw the light to my madness.

Then I got sick of their crap because they did not like my tactics. They have a keyword spamming clause in their user agreement so that you can not use words to get buyers to see your listing, such as "MP3 player not an iPod" or "iPod like MP3 player" this is not allowed. So "Spring Assisted not switch blade knife" is not allowed. I agree that is fine, so what did I do? I wrote "Switch to a Spring Assisted Knife Blade" so that my the terms show up and ebay.com shit their pants.

Again back to the bullshit that ebay does I beat them at their own game because I can use my brain unlike all the idiots who work at their company period.

I was one of the first to put video content in ebay listings as a whole and the first to put any into knife sales on the shitty site called ebay.com

I took ebay to the BBB for false advertising because they prohibit automatic knife sales but yet they advertise them through Google and Yahoo sponsored links that appear on ebay.com at the bottom of search results, also ebay had sponsored spots to advertise automatic knives in search engine results which both are misleading. I filmed this process and made ebay look like the jerks that they are and now this does not happen anymore.

Yes, the shoppal store is mine that I use the pathetic Paypal service with but like I said I hate ebay and paypal alike.

Yes, the 75 Bayard house was my family house for over 55 years and when my grandparents died, I came back from Scotland to fix my house and put it on the market where I finally developed my own website and got my own merchant account and gateway and started an official US business to sell goods to law enforcement and military and to all the fishermen and hunters and other citizens all over the planet. So yes, my house was listed for sale, yes you moron the house had the same voice in it that has in the knife videos but none of you took the time to figure that out other than to put a finger like most people do in this pathetic world we live in.

My domains have a domain protector on them now because their are so many lunatics that look things up and don't need access to such information period. My phone number is a Las Vegas number because I use VOIP because I travel around so much so your bullshit notion that it is a church is Texas is preposterous. If you took the time to email me then I would answer questions.

Yes, I tell people they are being retarded. Yes, I tell them "Never go full retard" Yes, I tell people to not talk about things they have no idea about and deem the comments as "Peanut Gallery Comments" Yes, I talk straight and have no regard for PC bullshit status. I'm a guy damn it and will talk to other guys exactly like I would if you stood next to me in an auto mechanic shop or body shop because I grew up painting cars for a collision shop. Yeah that's right I went to college, attended university because I wanted to get away from shop life. But I still talk to guys like I would in the shop no matter if they are gay or straight because I am a guy and if you talk out your ass then I will call you out period.

I also accept correction and have no issues with people informing me when I am a retard because I have balls and accept when I am wrong.

I do deserve the right to defend myself with stupid insane allegations that are not valid.

I obviously support America, my grandfather's PT boat was the vessel to rescue JFK in the Pacific. Two of my nephews are serving this country one in the Pacific and the other in Iraq, to of my cousins are in Afghanistan so yeah that is why I fly the stars and stripes on my website.

I am Scottish to the core and was born in the UK but I am an American born abroad. That's right I'm a Scottish-American with dual citizenship. That is why St. Andrews flies on my website.

I started my own business to avoid issues of the bullshit corporate world that I don't like and post what people should on their website to deter stupid people from using it because it is wrong to allow people to go through their whole lives as idiots without having someone point this out to them so that they have the option of correcting their behavior.

I am a real person and I do exist and have no problem talking with people who share the same viewpoints.
Hey JB, thanks for introducing yourself and letting us know about your background and business. The post you're mostly replying to was taken from another forum, BF I believe. The author of the post, Golnick, is an ok guy but he does like to ruffle feathers a bit. I think you'll find most of the people here on TB are pretty cool and laid-back when not attacked. So kick back and enjoy!
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

Ruffling feathers is one thing but if a person is going to take the time to "find out" about somebody it's pretty crappy to just "find out" the bad stuff. In this case the original post had more inuendo than fact and mostly negative. Golnicks post was irresponsible and half baked. Having been in this business over ten tears and having fought my own battles with GreedEbay I'm glad to see somebody else stand up against their 800 lb gorilla bullshit.

I have seen roadside imports website and several websites "linked" to RSI. I think that makes some people suspicious but suspicions should not be publicized unless they can be backed up because too many sheeple out there believe what they are told rather than finding out for themselves.

Brovo for pointing that out.

If roadside imports had a history of bad dealings there are plenty of people here with their finger on the pulse of the auto knife neighborhood that would have brought it to light and only sighted facts that could be proven out.

I've not heard an unusual ammount of complaints about RSI and I'm open minded enough to realize a "complaint or two" doesn't amount to squat beause there are always some whiners out there that can never be satisfied and they are usually the ones with the biggest mouths.

I will admit I've always wondered about the flag on RSIs site but now I get it.

Welcome to TB RSI / JB. Have you made a proper introduction??
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.
Wray1958

Post by Wray1958 »

Bought some conversion springs for my Boker Kalashnikovs from Roadside. Even though it was only springs they were shipped fast and the seller answered all my questions quickly. I was happy with my purchase and his help.
horizonod

Post by horizonod »

navajo jack wrote:Methinks he doth protesteth too much!!
nj
Methinks when somebody shits on a person publicly they deserve a shitstorm in return,.......but you guys already know that. :twisted: :wink: :mrgreen: Jeopardizing a persons livelyhood is pretty serious. Those of you that don't think so probably work for somebody else and have never had your livelihood unjustly attacked by some SFB moron.

I do take some offense to the voluminous use of the term "retard" though JB. We have a handicapped daughter that didn't ask to be that way and the term "retard" rubs me wrong and seems unnessesarry. Stupidity, which runs rampant in our society, and mental retardation are two different things. Stupid people come across as stupid because they don't take the time to know what they are talking about. Mentally handicapped people are the way they are because that's how god made them and they can't help that. Stupid people don't have to be stupid. Mentally handicapped people have no choice than to be the way they are and should not be disrespected for something over which they have no control. Maybe it's just a personal sore point but it seems vulgar, unfair and downright mean sometimes..
“Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.”

HORIZON BLADEWORKS: http://www.nicnac.net . LOW KEY perveyor of HIGH TECH cutlery.