Can you I.D this knife?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
xlr8

Can you I.D this knife?

Post by xlr8 »

Believe it or not, I bought this knife from what appeared to be a female vagrant while sitting in a fast food drive through one day. Got this and a gerber multi tool for a whopping ten bucks. Lord knows she prolly lifted it off of one her poor unsuspecting "johns" but who knows. :roll: [img]
DSC01547.JPG
DSC01547.JPG (137.9 KiB) Viewed 5437 times
[/img] Although you can't see them in the pic, the number 1104 is stamped in the bottom of the handle, and there is a small parachute symbol on the blade. [img]
DSC01548.JPG
DSC01548.JPG (144.57 KiB) Viewed 5443 times
[/img] Clip side. [img]
DSC01556.JPG
DSC01556.JPG (139.55 KiB) Viewed 5441 times
[/img] Thanks in advance!!!
Oh God, that knife has a spring in it!! Everybody RUN!!!!!
magnum

Re: Can you I.D this knife?

Post by magnum »

You have a knife made by Rob Dalton Model CQC7 with a tanto blade and it was made before 1999.Hope this helps.
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

Even though it's used and scuffed up ,you got a real bargain. Dalton makes great knives and are very collectible and well built.
magnum

Post by magnum »

j.a.c. wrote:Even though it's used and scuffed up ,you got a real bargain. Dalton makes great knives and are very collectible and well built.
Very True!
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
xlr8

Post by xlr8 »

I can certainly attest to it's durability. It's been a "daily driver" for me at work, and for a roughly 9 year old knife it has held up REALLY well. The blade locks up nice and tight, and that after years of use in the utilities field. Matter of fact, I almost got busted with it on a job at the CDC a few years back. :oops: It has since been retired and replaced with a Gerber manual for work.

After I clean it up a bit, do you folks think I should try touching up the rough spots? What would one use for such a task? I'd like any touch up work to be permanent.

Thanks all
Oh God, that knife has a spring in it!! Everybody RUN!!!!!
butch

Post by butch »

Got this and a gerber multi tool for a whopping ten bucks.
:shock: 10 bucks! even used and scuffed up its worth more than that,she obviously didnt know what she had,good score!
krakenten

Post by krakenten »

That blade is strong.

That blade is efficient.

That blade is well made by a great craftsman.

But Lawdamassey, that blade is ugly!

Thank God the tanto point-which isn't really associated with the Japanese tanto at all, but with an armor-peirceing dagger worn for all out battles by samurai-is finally wandering away.

That was a strong design, but really, such slant points are used in the orient because they are easy to make, just chop off the end of the blade with a hot chisel and it's done.

Same for the one sided chisel grind-easy to make, easy to sharpen, quite strong-but try cutting something with your left hand some time!

The scifi writer William Gibson-I think he's a knife enthusiast-describes a tanto point knife, in the hands of an assassin, as looking like it had broken off.

Turn that slanted point around, and you get the European slant point-which can actually be sharpened without a special tool.

No criticism of Bre'r Dalton is here implied, his work is superb, and he surely sat up late designing what is an extremely effective and sturdy blade shape.

It's survival in actual use argues it's practicality irefuteably.

But, my stars, that's an ugly blade!
Life has no value, Death has a price
butch

Post by butch »

ugly blades are usually better for actual use.
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

xlr8 wrote:I can certainly attest to it's durability. It's been a "daily driver" for me at work, and for a roughly 9 year old knife it has held up REALLY well. The blade locks up nice and tight, and that after years of use in the utilities field. Matter of fact, I almost got busted with it on a job at the CDC a few years back. :oops: It has since been retired and replaced with a Gerber manual for work.

After I clean it up a bit, do you folks think I should try touching up the rough spots? What would one use for such a task? I'd like any touch up work to be permanent.

Thanks all
The blade just looks dirty so it should clean up easily. try wiping it with house hold cleaner first, avoid the logo. If not some 00 steel wool.
The handles look like anodized aluminum ,so I don't think there's much you can do about that.
If I'm wrong someone else will correct me ,and let you know what to do.
texasmad

Post by texasmad »

I bought this knife from what appeared to be a female vagrant
:P :lol: :lol:
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

texasmad wrote:

Damn thats an ugly thought. :lol:

SD
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

stepdaddy wrote:
texasmad wrote:

Damn thats an ugly thought. :lol:

SD
Scares the hell out of me :lol:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

xir8 wrote: I bought this knife from what appeared to be a female vagrant
texasmad wrote: :P :lol: :lol:
stepdaddy wrote: Damn thats an ugly thought. :lol:
Mr. SD,

You ain't just a'wuffin'! :P

I wonder did she have a bushy beard and was suckin' onna jug of Svmbaca?
:P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Based on the fact that she had great prices (like AL) on quality items (also like AL) with excellent service, (never a bad word about Al) and timely delivery, (see my point yet) my guess is: it was really Al in drag :lol:

SD
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

stepdaddy wrote:Based on the fact that she had great prices (like AL) on quality items (also like AL) with excellent service, (never a bad word about Al) and timely delivery, (see my point yet) my guess is: it was really Al in drag :lol:

SD
If there were any pics of me in drag, I'd probably sell a muti-tool for $10 to keep them hidden :wink:
But, NOT a Dalton for $10 :lol: