Good ones list

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Michael*Myers

Re: Good ones list

Post by Michael*Myers »

SteveM wrote:I've recently bought a few knives from a couple of dealers on the good ones list. I returned 1 but realy should have returned all of them. The 1 I did return was a 9 in. damascus blade swing guard, the blade was'nt straight when open and had several cosmetic flaws. the dealer took it back but it cost me $6 to mail, I got a Leverletto W/ kriss blade from the same dealer I did'nt notice til later the back scale is cracked. After recieveing my payment back I found another Damascus blade Stiletto and ordered it from a different dealer on the good ones list. This knife looks good except for some gaps in the liners. Not realy collector grade. Neither of these dealers had lots of knives on their sites so I don't think its a case of them haveing to many knives to inspect everyone, and I'm sure they know most collectors don't want these defects in their collection. I think its unacceptable for dealers to ship knives without discloseing deffects. It seems to be the norm for the buyer to pay shipping on returns, but I'm expecting a quality product, I don't think a dealer that sends out a defective knife without full disclosure belongs on the good ones list. I did'nt name the dealers cause I don't want to break any rules

Sounds bad im going to be ordering alot of knives soon
I would like to know who to avoid pm me the dealers.. who sent you the bad knives or post the first 2 letters plz.. :o I think they should be named and shamed so others like you dont get rubbish sent...
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Mr Myers,
Have you by any chance taken the time to read this entire thread :?:
Just wondering :roll:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
texasmad

Post by texasmad »

Mr. Myers here is the intials of one of them TM as in texasmad that's t-e-x-a-s-m-a-d I don't want you to get stuck with rubbish.
Radius

Post by Radius »

That reminds me Mr. TM, (that's short for TexasMad, in case you missed it) a certain wild and crazy Otter recently showed me a picture of a Damascus and Abolone Stiletto you had at one time. If you ever run across another one of those, please let me know. 8)
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

texasmad wrote:Mr. Myers here is the intials of one of them TM as in texasmad that's t-e-x-a-s-m-a-d I don't want you to get stuck with rubbish.
texasmad... texasmad... Hmmmmmmm....

Hey, ain't he the guy what slips dried pieces of dead bovine inna packages he ships? Plenty strangeness, I'd say...
:P HO! HO! :P
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I would like to thank all those who posted a constructive reply to this post. I am new to switch blade collecting and did not know "the perfect Italion stiletto does not exist" so my expectations were to high. Now that I know that I can except it. I was wrong to say these dealers did not belong on the good ones list
Radius

Post by Radius »

SteveM wrote:I would like to thank all those who posted a constructive reply to this post. I am new to switch blade collecting and did not know "the perfect Italion stiletto does not exist" so my expectations were to high. Now that I know that I can except it. I was wrong to say these dealers did not belong on the good ones list
Steve,
It takes a big person to admit when he has made a mistake and you have done just that. Congratulations.
However, I disagree. There are near, if not perfect Italians out there. You just have to do your homework and search for them. To be honest, that is half the fun in all of this. The more research you do, the more you learn. At least that has been my experience. If I can do anything to help, please do not hesitate to ask. TexasMad is on the good one list for a reason. I hope you understand that now. :D
ehughes

Post by ehughes »

It's not called the GOOD ONES list for kicks :D
"Faith is like a caged gorilla, mock it and it shall pelt you with dung"

Being pelted with dung stinks.
Michael*Myers

Post by Michael*Myers »

texasmad wrote:Mr. Myers here is the intials of one of them TM as in texasmad that's t-e-x-a-s-m-a-d I don't want you to get stuck with rubbish.
Well thanks for the tip i did read before about a poor quality knife purchased from you.
So i will not be buying any from you its good to know your big enough to admit it. There is perfect stilettos i have dozens.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Well thanks for the tip i did read before about a poor quality knife purchased from you.
So i will not be buying any from you its good to know your big enough to admit it. There is perfect stilettos i have dozens.
If you have dozens of perfect Italian stiletto's, I guess you know who to buy them from already. You better stick with that source. :roll:
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Michael*Myers wrote:
Mr myers,
There used to be a dealer by the name of Tizza Bee that delt in high quality blades, i'm not sure what name she goes by now but you really should try to fine out as I believe you and her would get along just fine, she lives under a bridge too :!:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
magnum

Post by magnum »

I have bought quite a few knives from Texasmad and he has NEVER misrepresented any of them.I have had quite a few Italian knives go thru my hands and have Never found one that was perfect.I have seen some that were close but that's it.The small flaws in Italian knives are what give them character as they are put together by hand not by machines.If you want a perfect knife then buy a Custom Made Knife but if you are going to collect production made Italian knives then you will have to accept the fact that they are not going to be perfect!
Knife Addiction??What Knife Addiction??
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Michael*Myers wrote:There is perfect stilettos i have dozens.
You, sir, are a liar or a fool (or both!)...

By the way, it's "There are," not "There is."
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Dick Carroll

Post by Dick Carroll »

Perfect sounds pretty bland to me.....some of the boys wouldn't have nothing to bitch about..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
All who enter here bring happiness, some by staying, some by leaving...
Michael*Myers

Post by Michael*Myers »

tequiza wrote:
Michael*Myers wrote:
Mr myers,
There used to be a dealer by the name of Tizza Bee that delt in high quality blades, i'm not sure what name she goes by now but you really should try to fine out as I believe you and her would get along just fine, she lives under a bridge too :!:
teq
What a great post, there is only one troll here and thats you if your going to make a post you really should do one that dont show everyone how gay you are you tiresum creep Image

go back to your cave now, it's the only place you can keep secret your homosexaulity since they tore down your draws cry: ......
Last edited by Michael*Myers on Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.